Who will win The Indie?
For a sixth year, Independent We Stand will hold The Indie Awards, drawing attention to the importance and strong economic benefits of “buying local”
The web-driven contest gives consumers the opportunity to acknowledge businesses that impact their communities and grow their local economies.
“The Indie Award gives consumers a voice for their communities,” says Bill Brunelle, co-founder of Independent We Stand. “Year after year, we see nominees that go out of the way to make their customers happy and their communities better places."
The award is open to all types of businesses. In 2013, a New York hardware store took home the prize -- Trio Hardware of Plainview proudly sponsors local sports teams and a high school robotics team, as part of its community-focused approach to retail.
The winner of the 2016 Indie Award will receive a prize package valued at $10,000, which includes:
• $5,000 grand prize;
• $1,000 STIHL equipment certificate. STIHL products are sold exclusively through local, independent servicing dealers and support more than 9,000 STIHL dealers in communities nationwide;
• “Small Business Web Starter Package” from independent web design firm – The Meridian Group;
• Three days/two nights stay at an independent beach resort in Virginia Beach, Va. (valued at $1,000);
• Plaque to display at winner’s business;
• Public relations and social media recognition; and
• Quarter and Semifinalists will receive a Premium Membership from Independent We Stand.
Online voting will begin in September.