True Value Reunion kicks off Thursday
Playing this week in Chicago: Tariff-proof pricing, plus Chicago (the band).
True Value’s hometown of Chicago sets the stage this week for the hardware distributor’s semi-annual buying event. The 2019 Fall Reunion is once again open to all independent hardware retailers, regardless of affiliation.
Also making a comeback is True Value’s Buy with Confidence Guarantee. It guarantees deal prices, despite government issued tariffs— the price retailers see is the price they’ll get.
For those looking for business-building ideas, processes and techniques, the Retail Best Practices Conference will be held throughout the day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 4–6 on the show floor. Other networking opportunities, deals & discounts include:
- Bargain Burner: Discounts up to 60% on over 150 items on Thursday, Oct. 3.
- Closeout Corner: Steep discounts up to 85% on overstock products on Friday, Oct. 4 – Sunday, Oct. 6.
- Destination Deals: Up to 60% off on select vendor items on Saturday, Oct. 5.
- Discount City: Deep discounts on over 1,200 pallets and counter displays from all departments.
- Assortment City: 23 new Customized True Blue categories (89 total) across a 35,000 sq. ft. area.
- Patio Plaza: All the latest trends and innovations in outdoor furniture and patio items for spring.
- Pro Yard: 300-linear feet of custom pro-focused lumberyard assortments set on 5-foot fixtures.
The theme of the four-day event is “Built for This.” It runs Oct. 3-Oct. 6 at McCormick Place
More than 9,000 people, including 4,000 independent retailers and 5,000 vendors from around the world, will have access to 500,000 square feet of easy to order, attendee-only deals on thousands of new and classic products, True Value said.
On Thursday, Oct. 3, the event begins with a kickoff reception followed by keynote speaker Tom Bilyeu of Quest Nutrition. Bilyeu, co-founder of the second-fastest-growing private company in North America, will share how he helped build the billion dollar mindset, brand and team inside the Quest Nutrition empire.
Reunion attendees can also take advantage of daily giveaways as well as mingle with celebrities including football legend Terry Bradshaw and baseball Hall-of-Famer Ferguson “Fergie” Jenkins.
On the afternoon of Friday, Oct. 4, Reunion guests will experience an action-packed, multimedia General Session where our leadership will share True Value’s strategic investments in supply chain, product assortments, hyper-local marketing and field support.
Immediately following the general session, there will be a welcome reception with live musical entertainment from indie pop sensation Boyce Avenue and legendary rock band Chicago.
No comments found