Throwback Thursday: See the ‘Home of the Year,’ 1988
NHCN takes readers on a walk through of the The NAHB's New American Home.
The year is 1988. Let’s see what National Home Center News, the forerunner of HBSDealer, has to say about the New American Home ’88, which was on display at the NAHB’s Home Builders Show held in Dallas in January.
The March 7 issue of NHCN reported the following:
• “Solariums, private room suites for working parents and lavish decks for outdoor entertainment were all major features.”
• “Inside the 2,450 square-foot house — whose market value is estimated at above $500,000 — the breakfast nook is in the solarium with a garden view.”
• “The new American Home continues the trend towards distinctive entrances. This is set diagonally to the street under a cantilevered eave.”
• “The bedroom in the new American Home is designed for two children who share a common wall of built-in desks and storage. The wall opens out onto a shared play space.”
• “The kitchen of the New American Home has free-flowing open spaces and a solarium with a garden view.”
• “Inside there is a step down to the main living room that has dramatic 16-foot high ceilings and two tiers of windows. The impression is one of light and space emphasized by light wood floors and off-white decor.”
The tradition of New American Home tours will continue at the International Builders’ Show coming to Las Vegas Jan. 21-23.
HBSDealer’s Throwback Thursday is sponsored by Schaffer Associates, a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future. Contact us at SchafferAssociates.com.
No comments found