Throwback Thursday: Geography Lover’s Special
Back in 2010, the News Map told the story of openings, closings and presidential visits
The Nov. 1, 2010 issue of Home Channel News, the forerunner of HBSDealer, dedicated an upfront page to the “In the Channel News Map,” identifying small-to-medium-sized developments from around the country.
This particular map featured news from six different states:
• California: Consolidated Horticulture group , a major nursery supplier to Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart, filed for bankruptcy protection, along with its affiliate Hines Nurseries.
• Wisconsin: Former President George W. Bush visited ABC Supply headquarters in Beloit, Wis., for a private speaking engagement. He reportedly shared his transition story from president back to citizen.
• New Jersey: Point Hardware and Gifts, a century-old hardware store on the Jersey Shore, announced plans to close its doors.
• Oklahoma: M-D Building Products announced plans to expand its operations with a new warehouse and distribution center in Oklahoma City.
• Florida: 84 Lumber reopened a location in East Milton that had been shuttered in April 2008.
• South Carolina: The Institute for Business & Home Safety opened a first of its kind disaster laboratory, capable of replicating hurricane conditions indoors.
HBSDealer’s Throwback Thursday is sponsored by Schaffer Associates, a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future. Contact SchafferAssociates.com.
No comments found