NLBMDA pushes for Phase 4 action
With the Senate working on its version of a Phase 4 COVID-19 relief package bill, the National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association is urging members to take action.
The House of Representatives has already passed its version of the bill, which includes priorities back by the NLBMDA. This includes the expansion of a low-income housing tax credit.
Through a grassroots effort, the NLBMDA is now urging members to weighing in on upcoming Phase 4 legislation by contacting their elected officials. Members can use a grassroots action center provided by the NLBMDA.
The NLBMDA recently sent a letter to the Senate detailing its priorities, which include:
- Scale-back expanded unemployment benefits and incentivize return to work;
- A strong employer liability protection system;
- Expansion of SBA loan funding, including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP);
- Expansion of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC);
- Increased access to PPE and testing;
- And more.
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) has also recently outlined its priorities for Phase 4 relief legislation.