The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA)’s recently inducted Thirty Under 30 class revealed their winning picks from KBIS Virtual 2021, spotlighting innovative products in six categories.
The class was divided into six teams of five, tasked with finding their top products in sustainability recycled/reused; universal design/living in place; outdoor living; wellness/health; creative use of color; smart home integration.
Winners were announced on April 29 during a virtual awards show. NKBA EVP & Chief Strategy Officer, Suzie Williford, hosted the awards ceremony.
“We launched the 30s Choice Awards at KBIS 2019,” said Williford. “The idea is for our newly inducted 30s to scour the KBIS floor for the most innovative and interesting products in a number of categories, and to select the ones they think are the game-changers. Of course, this year it was done virtually, but I’m always intrigued to learn what this next generation of rising stars chooses and why.”
This year’s NKBA 30’s Choice Award Winners include:
- Sustainability Recycled/Reused: Emerson, Insinkerator grind2energy Waste Recycling System
- Outdoor Living: FLORIM, Aesthetics & Versatility Porcelain Tile
- Smart Home Integration/WiFi Enabled Product: GE Café Appliances
- Universal Design/Living In Place: ELKAY, Dart Canyon ADA Compliant Sin
- Wellness/Health: Kohler, Stillness Tub
- Creative Use of Color: Samsung, Bespoke Refrigerator
- People's Choice: Emerson, Insinkerator grind2energy Waste Recycling System
The NKBA Thirty Under 30 program is in its ninth year and recognizes accomplished kitchen and bath professionals under the age of 30. Each year’s class comprises rising leaders from throughout the industry and is widely regarded as the leading showcase for the brightest young talent working in kitchen and bath design and remodeling.