The numbers on value-added services
Builders and contractors vary in their use of the value-added services offered by dealers. The chart below shows a gap analysis of pro dealer and retailer offerings compared to the services builders and contractors reported using. For example:
- 54% of dealers offer rush ordering for additional materials, but only 41% of builders and contractors responded this was a desirable service;
- 46% of dealers offer drive-thru pick-up, while 32% of builders and contractors use this type of service;
- 45% of builders and contractors use online and mobile ordering services, but only 36% of dealers offer this service;
- 22% of builders and contractors desire truss fabrication, while 12% of dealers offer truss fabrication; and
- 9% of dealers offer help with obtaining permits; 22% of builders and contractors expressed interest in this service.
Principia Consulting is a leading research and consulting firm focused exclusively on the building materials and construction industry. For more than 25 years, we have helped our clients grow faster and more profitably by providing high quality information, analytics, and insights.
For more information about pro dealer and retailer distribution, contact Principia today.
No comments found