Huttig will stay open in Pennsylvania
After reviewing the situation, a building products distributor remains up and running.
St. Louis-based Huttig Building Products announced Monday that it will keep its three Pennsylvania locations up and running. The decision followed a previous announcement that it would close those three stores, under the guidance provided by the Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf. Here is the full text of the company’s announcement:
After careful review, we have determined that Huttig is part of an essential network engaged in warehousing and distribution of building materials and other supplies for use in the construction industry and for sale in hardware and home improvement retailers. We have been notified that we are a critical asset to assist such retailers in maintaining their business and considered a life sustaining business and should remain open under Pennsylvania and federal guidance, including the Order of the Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Regarding the Closure of All Businesses That Are Not Life Sustaining (dated March 19, 2020). Therefore we will be open for business and making deliveries from our Pennsylvania locations in Lancaster, Wilkes-Barre and Latrobe.
We are following the guidance of the CDC and OSHA as relates to general hygiene, and the disinfecting and sanitizing of common areas, plus we have implemented the following precautionary measures:
- Outside Sales Force – We have instructed our outside sales team and product specialists to work from their home office and to stay in regular communication with customers through phone and email
- Branch Staff – Administrative, Inside Sales, Buyers and other office staff that can work from home have been instructed to do so. These folks are available by phone or email.
- Company Travel Restrictions – All employee non-essential business travel is being cancelled.
- Social Distancing – We will follow government recommendations and cancel/postpone external and internal gatherings, meetings, events and trade shows of more than 10 people.
- Location Visitor Restrictions – All non-essential visitors will be prevented from entering Huttig locations. Call or email your Huttig contact for alternative options.
- Deliveries – We are making deliveries and have instructed our drivers to follow social distancing recommendations.
We will continue to provide essential products and services to our customers so they can serve the greater community. Please call or email your Huttig sales contact to place orders or if you have any questions. Thank you for the continued support. We will get through this together as a community helping each other. Be Safe.
No comments found