NAHB ready to tackle initiatives via 2020 virtual legcon
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) has outlined initiatives it will push during an upcoming virtual legislative conference.
Scheduled for June 22-June 24, the NAHB 2020 Legislative Conference will look to deliver key industry priorities to Congress. The COVID-19 pandemic has prompted this year’s event to completely virtual.
According to the NAHB, the virtual meetings with federal lawmakers will actually create greater opportunities for increased participation while allowing more members to attend this critical grassroots conference and get involved with advocacy efforts.
Here is a list of key issues the NAHB is expected to discuss during the conference:
- Promoting policies and job training programs that will help ensure an ample supply of well-trained workers to build the nation’s homes;
- Strengthening the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC);
- Reducing regulations that harm small businesses;
- Preventing federal intrusion into the energy codes development process;
- Revising small business lending programs during the COVID-19 crisis to make those loans available to more home builders; and
- Providing rental assistance to struggling families during the coronavirus-caused economic downturn.
For additional resources about the conference, visit nahb.org/legcon.