LBM Advantage, the wholly-owned lumber and building materials cooperative, has named its Building Products Division’ Vendors of the Year.
The co-op gives the awards each year and presented the 2020 honors at its Annual Buying Show held virtually last month.
This year’s winners include:
- Specialties: Advanced Drainage Systems in Hilliard, Ohio
- Kitchen & Bath: Wolf Home Products in York, Pa.
- Commodities: American Gypsum in Dallas, Texas
- Millwork: Russin Lumber in Montgomery, N.Y.
“The Building Products Division wants to acknowledge vendor partners in their respective areas of expertise that separated themselves from their individual competitors in their categories and ultimately added to the success of our membership,” Tom Molloy, executive vice president, products and programs at LBM Advantage.
According to LBM Advantage, a vendor must meet the following criteria for the award:
- Sales: an increase in sales over the previous year. Footage/unit increased over the previous year. And participation in all Advantage events.
- Quality of Products and Services: include their response and resolution of complaints, reaction to competitive situations, marketing and trend communication, and meeting/exceeding our guidelines for programs.
- Support Personnel: dedicated sales staff available for timely response needs, National account team who understands our business and supports our direction, and ease of order entry and keeping errors to a minimum.
LBM Advantage said the awards were “especially well earned during such a difficult year” and noted that it looks forward to their continued partnership with these vendors, as well as their other quality suppliers.
With four locations in New Windsor, N.Y.; Grand Rapids, Mich.; Smithfield, N.C.; and Monroe, La.; LBM Advantage has more than 510 independent members who benefit from the cooperative’s multi-billion dollar purchasing power and a staff of industry experts.
The organization operates on core principles of service, transparency, and flexibility, and provides members a competitive advantage through national programs with regional expertise.