Home Depot’s Innovation winners
An air fry range, a smoker and a dimmer took home the hardware during the 2020 Home Depot Innovation Award ceremony.
The annual event, which turned virtual this year, recognizes the latest product innovations to hit the shelves, both online and in store.
According to Ted Decker, who was recently promoted to the post of president and COO for the world’s largest home improvement retailer, the awards emphasize the company’s position as the “authority” on home improvement. “We are honored to recognize our supplier partners who bring the most innovative and exclusive products to the market that deliver the best value to our customers,” he said, in a prepared statement.
Here are the top three winners:
• Overall Winner: The Frigidaire Air Fry Range by Electrolux saves time and space with its all-in-one stove, oven and new Air Fry Range cooking capabilities. The large-scale cooking capacity features no-flip technology that allows food to crisp evenly on all sides.
• First Runner Up: The Masterbuilt Gravity-Fed Grill/Smoker enables quick-start cooking by reaching peak temperatures of 700°F faster than ever - in just 13 minutes. The innovative gravity technology holds over 12 hours of charcoal, ensuring constant fuel. Smart control technology allows for hands-off smoking, grilling, searing, baking, or roasting.
• Second Runner Up: The Lutron Sunnata Touch Dimmer with LED+ Technology installs within 15 minutes with existing wiring, offering custom light control using the same captive-touch technology applied in modern touch screens to enable fast, accurate and responsive action.
In concert with the Innovation Awards, The Home Depot honors suppliers in several other categories. Through persistent investment in its lithium Ion battery, TTI created a viable replacement for the combustible engine reducing over a million pounds of carbon emissions into the atmosphere, earning the Environmental Partner of the Year award. The Interconnected Partner of the Year is Milwaukee, which provided a dynamic and comprehensive customer experience for its loyal DIY and Pro fan base. Delta employed new, strategic marketing tactics which strengthened the brand's overall presence and performance through the year, positioning it for the Marketing Innovation Partner of the Year award. Finally, veteran-owned Tricam received the Supplier Diversity Innovation Award for its Gorilla Ladders' high-load bearing, multi-position and dual-platform functionalities with new top cap work surface and tool storage, which alleviate the need for multiple trips up and down the ladders for various tools.
Additional supplier partner awards by product category are listed below:
- Lumber: Great Southern
- Building Materials: Werner
- Flooring: M.S. International, Inc.
- Paint: Wooster
- Hardware: Big Time Products
- Tools: Freud
- Plumbing: The Mosack Group
- Electrical/Lighting: King of Fans
- Indoor Garden: Toro
- Outdoor Garden: Toyo/Roundtripping
- Appliances: LG
- Kitchens & Bath: Kohler
- Millworks: Polymershapes
- Décor/Storage/Organization: Pratt Industries