More key metrics from the second quarter earnings report:
• Sales leveraging digital platforms increased 12 percent compared to the second quarter last year. The company reported record downloads, traffic and sales of its mobile app;
• Comp transactions decreased 3.1 percent;
• Comp average ticket increased 9 percent;
• Big ticket comp transactions (defined as more than $1,000) were up 11.6% compared to the second quarter of last year; and
• More than half of online orders were fulfilled through Home Depot stores.
“Despite near-term uncertainties, we believe that the long-term underpinnings of demand for home improvement, remains strong and that we are well positioned to leverage our distinct competitive advantages to capitalize on compelling growth opportunities in our space,” Decker said.