Against a backdrop of a surge of home improvement projects, Channellock is launching four new products to make their jobs easier: a line of three new SpeedGrip Pliers and the Channellock 968 Forged Wire Stripper.
“We designed our new line of SpeedGrip Pliers to give both pros and DIYers several quality options in their toolbox that add to their ability to get the job done right,” said Ryan DeArment, VP of sales and marketing for Meadville, Pa.-based Channellock, Inc.
Channellock is adding SpeedGrip pliers in 8-inch, 10-inch and 12-inch sizes to its family of more than 75 different sizes and types of pliers and hand tools. This line of Tongue & Groove Pliers is made from 100% forged high carbon U.S. steel for ultimate strength and is specially coated for rust prevention.
In addition, SpeedGrip has:
• A fast and easy push-button adjustment that locks securely into undercut channels
• Strong, laser heat-treated crosshatch teeth, which grip 2.5 times better than classic Channellock 90-degree teeth
• A solid alloy steel fastener that is strong and dependable
• A SAFE-T-STOP feature that prevents finger pinch
• A reaming feature for easily deburring pipe
• Channellock Blue molded non-slip comfort grips, designed for ultimate comfort and control to ease hand fatigue
Channellock also introduced its new 968 Forged Wire Stripper. The tool combines the precision of needle nose pliers and the strength and durability of forged pliers with the functionality of a wire stripper.
"The 968 stands out from other wire cutters as the ultimate multi-tasking tool,” DeArment added. “When you combine the tool’s XLTTM joint technology with its refined wire shear and channeled reaming nose, you’ve got a tool that not only cuts like butter but is incredibly durable.”