Weyerhaeuser aids building material take-offs with Estima

Federal Way, Wash.-based Weyerhaeuser has unveiled its Estima software and services, which help building material dealers improve the accuracy and thoroughness of their take-offs for structural framing products.

With Estima, dealers can develop consistent and clear material estimates, saving time and money. A dealer’s technical staff can set up profiles for individual customers, separate yard locations and automatically incorporate other details into estimates.

“Weyerhaeuser Distribution works closely with building material dealers to help them do their jobs easier and be a valued resource to their builder customers,” said Nate Jorgensen, VP Ddistribution for Weyerhaeuser. “Getting the take-off right often makes the difference between whether a job is profitable or not for the dealer. Estima software and services provide dealers with a better way to manage material lists, and speed up the take-off process. The tools also help reduce short-load orders, saving time and money on deliveries, while improving customer satisfaction.”

Weyerhaeuser serves the residential, multi-family and light commercial construction sectors from 30 facilities. Weyerhaeuser Distribution carries Weyerhaeuser and Trus Joist-branded structural frame products, along with specialty building products, including siding and trim, insulation and housewrap, steel concrete reinforcing materials, plywood, OSB, cedar products and a range of customized regional product offerings.

T.smith says:
May-10-2012 02:11 pm

This is highly informatics,
This is highly informatics, crisp and clear. I think that Everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things.

j.makibao says:
May-09-2012 04:53 am

Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! I've been looking for books of this nature for a way too long. I'm just glad that I found yours. Looking forward for your next post. Thanks dude susu kolostrum

Q.Qassert56 says:
Apr-30-2012 07:15 am

I am exploring this subject
I am exploring this subject as part of a report I need to do on possible careers I might choose. Thank you for your post it has valuable information on this topic. Christmas decorations

PaulTurnerAol says:
Apr-24-2012 01:23 pm

I am looking for vanities
I am looking for vanities furniture for my house in Pasadena. We just started changing the bathroom furniture and also we want to insulate the walls. I don't know too many things about Weyerhaeuser, but I am interested to know what prices they have. Thank you very much.

M.Costea says:
Mar-27-2012 11:57 am

Anyone knows a good dumpster
Anyone knows a good dumpster rental company close to Tucson? I was looking everywhere in the local newspaper but I didn't find anything until now. Thank you guys.

annaparker says:
Mar-19-2012 02:13 pm

I am not a dealer, but this
I am not a dealer, but this software seems to be a very good one, specially for building material dealers. Actually I was searching for some materials that can help me to renovate my home. A junk removal framingham company helped me to get rid of things I didn't need anymore and now I am ready to move to the next step. Do you think that Weyerhaeuser Distribution can help me?

P.Vessey says:
Mar-19-2012 04:59 am

I think Estima would really
I think Estima would really help material dealers gauge the amount of materials for the structural framing products. Even contractors are able to estimate how much material they need without going overboard.

l.420 says:
Mar-18-2012 05:19 pm

Your approach to this topic
Your approach to this topic is unique and informative. I am writing an article for our school paper and this post has helped me. Thanks. Business Casual

Q.420 says:
Mar-17-2012 07:03 am

I am exploring this topic for
I am exploring this topic for a report I have to write. You have good content and I would like to know if you have any other posts about this? College Basketball Selections

Mar-16-2012 04:21 pm

I am find information on this
I am find information on this topic as I am working on a business project. Thank you posting relative information and its now becoming easier to complete this project. DJ service Arlington VA

h.latha says:
Feb-20-2012 04:29 am

I wanted to thank you for
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Mold Testing

Who do you view as your biggest competitor?

At Grainger, 2011 was a record year

W.W. Grainger reported record sales and earnings for the year ended Dec. 31, the Chicago-based industrial supply company announced Wednesday morning.

The full year 2011 sales of $8.1 billion were up 12% compared to $7.2 billion in 2010. Net earnings of $658 million increased 29% over the prior year.

“This was an exceptional year for Grainger,” said Jim Ryan, chairman, president and CEO Jim Ryan. “Our team is producing consistently solid results with a strong focus on helping our customers improve the productivity of their businesses. We continue to see a long runway for growth and are investing aggressively in our proven growth drivers: product line expansion, sales force expansion, eCommerce, inventory services and international expansion.”

For the fourth quarter, the company’s sales were $2.1 billion, up 14% from $1.8 billion in the same quarter last year. Net earnings in the fourth quarter were $148 million, up 12%.

Sales for the United States segment increased 8% in the 2011 fourth quarter versus the prior year.  The 8% sales growth for the quarter was driven primarily by 8% volume growth and 3 percentage points from price, partially offset by a 2 percentage point drag from the 2010 oil spill sales and 1 percentage point from lower sales of seasonal products due to the unusually warm weather in the 2011 fourth quarter.

Mar-17-2012 04:53 pm

I have been seeking
I have been seeking information on this topic for the past few hours and found your post to be well written and has solid information. Security Class

Who do you view as your biggest competitor?

U.S., Canada extend softwood lumber pact

Trade officials from the United States and Canada have extended their Softwood Lumber Agreement for two more years. The 2006 agreement was signed with no changes on Jan. 24 by U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk and Canadian Minister for International Trade Ed Fast. The extension will be in effect through Oct. 15, 2015.

In an official statement, Ambassador Kirk said: “The Softwood Lumber Agreement is very important for U.S. producers, particularly when both sides of the border are facing weak demand. Trade agreements are about providing a predictable and fair environment for conducting international trade.”

The statement added that the U.S. was “pleased to have agreed with Canada to extend the SLA well before its initial expiration date, to ensure predictability and stability in the sector. The U.S. intends to consult with Canada before the extended expiration date on whether a further extension is in the interest of both countries.”

Originally set to expire in 2013, the agreement addresses Canadian lumber tariffs that have been a source of contention between the two countries for years. American manufacturers claimed they were undercut on price by Canadian mills, which are subsidized by their provincial governments through cheap logging fees. Canadian producers deny the charges and accuse the Americans of being anti-free trade.

Under the pact, the U.S. agreed to stop imposing anti-dumping and countervailing duties upon lumber from Canada. In return, Canada agreed to apply export charges and limitations to its softwood lumber shipments when the price falls below a certain level.

Relations have still been rocky, however. There have been several disputes over the interpretation and implementation of the agreement, most of them involving U.S. producers accusing Canada of miscalculating it quotas or undervaluing its timber.

Who do you view as your biggest competitor?