In a twist, Congress looks to delay bulb phaseout

The budget bill drawn up to avert a federal shutdown includes a provision that will delay enforcement of the new energy-efficiency standards for light bulbs. The rider related to the FY 2012 Omnibus funding bill does not repeal or change the standards, however. Instead, it imposes funding limitations on the Department of Energy (DOE) to enforce the light bulb standards for FY 2012.

According to an article in USA Today, the National Electrical Manufacturers Association opposes a delay in enforcement of the phaseout of 100-watt incandescent bulbs. But some politicians — such as Texas Republican Joe Barton — applauded the delay as a temporary victory for freedom of choice.

Under the new bill, which is expected to be signed into law this week, enforcement of the phaseout of incandescent light bulbs will be delayed until at least Oct. 1. The phaseout was originally expected to kick in Jan. 1.

President George Bush in 2007 signed the law that called for a phaseout of certain incandescent bulbs.

L.Quintas says:
Apr-30-2012 11:30 am

This is a nice post in an
This is a nice post in an interesting line of content.Thanks for sharing this article, great way of bring this topic to discussion... Cell Phone Spy Software

S.Shank says:
Apr-09-2012 02:31 am

I am find information on this
I am find information on this topic as I am working on a business project. Thank you posting relative information and its now becoming easier to complete this project. trading stocks

p.420 says:
Mar-18-2012 01:32 pm

This article has some great
This article has some great and useful information about this subject. Thank you for sharing it in an easy to read and understandable format. Newborn Free

Mar-17-2012 06:07 pm

This is a terrific article,
This is a terrific article, and I would like more information if you have any. I am fascinated with this topic and your post has been one of the best I have read. Ductless Air Conditioning

Mar-16-2012 04:28 pm

Your approach to this topic
Your approach to this topic is unique and informative. I am writing an article for our school paper and this post has helped me. Thanks. yag laser marking system

D.Driver says:
Mar-11-2012 10:38 pm

Great post. Thank
Great post. Thank you. neprinol ingredients

E.Murphy says:
Dec-19-2011 09:19 pm

I'm fine with the delaying of
I'm fine with the delaying of the bill. I think the benefits of the "more energy efficient" bulbs are way over blown, and a waste of time and effort. There is another, and (I think)more important point to be made here. What the hell does the current budget issue have to do with the "light bulb bill"? I'm sick to death with congress attaching completely unrelated legislature to one another. I don't care which side of any issue you are on. It's fundamentally wrong.

J.GROSKLAGS says:
Dec-19-2011 03:54 pm

This is not a freedom of
This is not a freedom of choice issue. Will the congressman allow power plants in his backyard to produce the electricity to power these inefficient bulbs. Doubt it. Is this the least informed congress ever, probably.

Would you like to see the re-emergence of an association like the AHMA?

Protesters rally in Detroit-area Lowe’s

A coalition of Christian, Muslim and civil rights activists — about 100 people in all — protested Lowe’s decision to pull its ads from a Muslim-focused TV show.

The protest occurred Saturday outside the Lowe’s in Allen Park, Mich., a suburb of Detroit. The controversy revolves around Lowe’s decision to pull its ads from a television show called "All-American Muslim" on the TLC network.

According to an article in the Detroit Free Press, a smaller group assembled in support of Lowe’s decision.

S.Shank says:
Apr-09-2012 02:26 am

As part of an assignment for
As part of an assignment for research I have to find an article with relevant information on this topic and give the teacher our opinion and the article. Your article helped me a lot. currency options

p.420 says:
Mar-18-2012 01:32 pm

There are so many different
There are so many different aspects when it comes to this topic. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge on this particular aspect. Vasectomy Reversal

Mar-17-2012 06:07 pm

This is a terrific article,
This is a terrific article, and I would like more information if you have any. I am fascinated with this topic and your post has been one of the best I have read. Upholstery Queens

G.McCullough says:
Dec-19-2011 05:17 pm

It is nice to see that free
It is nice to see that free speech is alive and well. It is also interesting to note that Lowe's free speech is not being considered with those who are protesting!

Would you like to see the re-emergence of an association like the AHMA?

TimberTech brings stainless steel to TopLoc fasteners

Wilmington, Ohio-based TimberTech expanded its fastening options by rolling out a stainless steel TopLoc fastener.

Most coastal regions require stainless steel fasteners to reduce the likelihood of corrosion that leads to rot and failure, according to the company. Stainless steel is able to withstand more inclement weather because it is less brittle than carbon steel.

“TopLoc’s tri-lobular design reduces compression within the board and the undercut head with three annular rings helps eliminate undesired mushrooming, spinout and end-splitting,” said Toby Bostwick, senior product manager. “Now, we have a product that combines these great attributes with a fastener that will create a long-lasting and aesthetically pleasing decking system.”

j.mickle says:
Jan-10-2013 07:42 am

These stainless steel bolts
These stainless steel bolts available in all sizes. tap bolts

Would you like to see the re-emergence of an association like the AHMA?