See how they grow: Ace Fall Market will unveil live goods program
Oak Brook, Ill.-based Ace Hardware Co. will unveil its new live goods program in Denver during its Fall Convention & Exhibits Oct. 15 to 17.
The live goods program was tested at some Northeast retailers with strong results, according to Ace. The new program includes a partnership with BloomIQ.com, offering personalized garden planning tools for customers.
The live goods program is launching nationally in 2012.
The Ace convention will be held at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
Promotions at Do it Best: Schmiedel and Enmark
Do it Best Corp. promoted two new regional managers who will focus on building and strengthening member relationships in the eastern and southern United States.
The company named David Enmark regional sales and business development manager for a large portion of the southern United States. Also, Do it Best Corp. named Rob Schmiedel regional sales and business development manager for the northeastern United States.
Enmark will guide and oversee a team of sales and business development managers covering Texas, Arkansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Colorado and portions of Kansas, Missouri, Tennessee and Louisiana.
Enmark served the previous two years as a sales and business development territory manager for Do it Best Corp. for markets in Oklahoma and the Texas Panhandle. He has more than a decade of experience in retail member relations and business development and graduated from Ball State University in 1996.
In the Northeast, Schmiedel’s team of sales and business development territory managers cover New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, Virginia, Delaware and Maryland.
Schmiedel served the previous five years with Do it Best Corp. as a sales and business development territory manager for markets in central and western Pennsylvania. He’s a graduate of American InterContinental University Atlanta, with a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
Primary responsibilities for Enmark and Schmiedel will center on leading teams of territory managers to strengthen existing relationships between Do it Best Corp. and its member-owners through improvements in retail performance and dedicated personal service, as well as building and cultivating relationships with new members within their respective regions, according to the Fort Wayne, Ind.-based co-op.
On tap in Indianapolis: Rebates and updates
The Do it Best October Market will return to Indianapolis Oct. 8 to 10, with some things remaining the same, and some things changing.
“We really believe this market will be like no other that our members have seen or experienced,” said Do it Best CEO Bob Taylor. “With the continued momentum of our Extreme Growth initiatives, along with outstanding purchasing opportunities in an expanded convention center and top-notch slate of events and speakers, we’ve got a lot of very exciting things in store for our members."
According to event organizers, attendees can expect the following:
• In addition to a kickoff breakfast pep talk from sportscaster Dick Vitale, the event includes a full schedule of training and learning opportunities for Do it Best Corp. members and their employees. Education Day seminars, an outside sales training seminar, lunchtime sessions and more are split into three content categories: Business Management, Increasing Sales and Technology.
• An increase in square footage provided Do it Best Corp. Market planners the opportunity to update and enhance the exhibit floor layout. This larger footprint, which moves everything to the market floor, is segmented into eight different zones that are grouped according to related categories. In addition, market planners have established new merchandising hubs for each department, as well as a stage for live product demos, expanded food court options and increased seating areas for paperwork and meetings.
• The recent expansion of the Indiana Convention Center expansion means Do it Best Corp. can expand its Programs and Services area, where it offers members the chance to meet one-on-one with co-op experts for a variety of programs, including e-commerce, retail programs, store design and technology.
• The Friday night Sneak Peek offers substantial deals before the floor officially opens on Saturday morning. In addition, a new closeout products area makes available to members quality closeout merchandise at deeply discounted rates.
• Do it Best Corp. will surpass $100 million in total rebate distributions for the eighth consecutive year, according to a spokesman.