HARDWARE STORES

Rocky’s good deed: Food for pets

Springfield, Mass.-based Rocky’s Ace Hardware reported a successful conclusion to its holiday effort to help hungry animals in communities across the eastern United States.

The company’s first Pet Food Drive collected and delivered two tons of food, beds, leashes, treats, toys and cleaning supplies to local animal shelters.

"The outpouring from our customers was really heartwarming," said Rocco Falcone, president and CEO of the 33-store chain. "The collection total well surpassed our expectations. All of us at Rocky’s extend sincere thanks to our neighbors who gave so generously."

Customers made donations of pet food at their local Rocky’s Ace Hardware store. The stores collected all donations and brought them to their locally chosen charity. Nutro Pet Foods helped kick-start the program with a donation of $1,500 worth of food.

"Our team members really got behind this worthwhile campaign," said Falcone.

M.Costea says:
May-17-2012 06:35 pm

Their initiative is great and
Their initiative is great and they really set an example. I read about this in the Veterinarian Vail newspaper. I think it is very easy to give a little and by doing this we can save the animals. This can extend to people as well. We should even reconsider how much we buy in the supermarkets, as by buying less we can slow down the production and those things can be exported to less fortunate countries.

K.Wilson says:
Apr-26-2012 12:54 pm

Pets may not be a new
Pets may not be a new phenomenon but pet food certainly is. In fact, two hundred years ago pet food did not even exist. Horses were just given grass, oats, grains, apples and anything else that was cheap to get hold of in large quantities. Dogs and cats mainly lived on scraps of meat and grains that their owners could spare for them.Pet Vets

f.work says:
Apr-12-2012 05:07 pm

This is well written and
This is well written and educational content to change. The auction which, as to write and some were even not be published! Karmaloop Promo Code

f.keskin says:
Apr-12-2012 01:47 pm

Bebek odası sanal mağazası
Bebek odası sanal mağazası üzerinden bebek odası takımları, beşik, bebek arabası ve puset, uyku seti modelleri, bebek aksesuarları, bebek oda koltuğu ve genç odası seçenekleri arasından seçiminizi yapın. belis bebek odası ve genç odası alanlarında profesyonel satış ve montaj ekibiyle müşterilerine hizmet vermektedir.

p.420 says:
Mar-18-2012 02:49 pm

I like the way you described
I like the way you described the topic with such clarity. This is something I have been thinking about for a long time and you really captured the essence of the subject. CV

m.mahboobb says:
Mar-17-2012 07:31 am

Your article has a lot of
Your article has a lot of great information and it has really helped me with my paper for a class I am taking. Do you have any other posts about this topic? Medical Insurance

h.latha says:
Feb-20-2012 04:15 am

I wanted to thank you for
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post Crescent Processing Company

kclark says:
Jan-04-2012 01:59 am

That is one cute dog.
That is one cute dog.

How much credit should be given to the co-op business model for the success of the independent hardware and building supply dealer over the last half century?
HARDWARE STORES

Rocky’s connects with customers and hungry pets

Springfield, Mass.-based Rocky’s Ace Hardware, a family-owned business with 33 stores has engaged in a partnership with Nutro Pet Foods and its customers to help homeless and abandoned pets.

Each of the 33 Rocky’s Ace Hardware stores have partnered with an area Humane Society or Shelter to collect food this holiday season for forgotten and unfortunate animals. “This is a fantastic opportunity for concerned individuals to help innocent animals without having to make a separate trip to their area Animal Shelter or Humane Society” said Rocco Falcone, president and CEO.

Under the program, customers make donations of pet food at their local Rocky’s Ace Hardware store. The stores collect all donations and drive them to their locally chosen charity. Nutro Pet Foods has partnered with Rocky’s in donating more than $1,500 worth of premium dog and cat food to kick-start the program.

K.Wilson says:
Apr-26-2012 11:57 am

I am delighted that I came
I am delighted that I came upon this blog, I could not discover any information on this topic prior to visiting your post. Thanks God I came across on this blog and found the relevant information.Vets For Pets

HARDWARE STORES

True Value names new VP marketing

True Value has named Blake Fohl as its new VP marketing and chief customer officer. In his new role, Fohl will lead brand strategy; segmentation; national, local and regional marketing; trade shows; and research and analytics. In addition, he is responsible for a wide range of programs and initiatives, including True Value’s customer loyalty program, True Value Rewards, True Value’s circular program and retail customer experience metrics.

Fohl is replacing Carol Wentworth, who accepted a position with Performance Bicycle as its senior VP marketing.

Most recently, Fohl was chief marketing officer for Hancock Fabrics, a specialty retailer of fashion and home decor textiles with 265 stores in 37 states.

Prior to that, Fohl served 16 years at Tractor Supply. Beginning as a buyer for three years, he spent the following 13 years in a variety of marketing management roles, including one year as director of marketing, 10 years as VP marketing, and two years as senior VP advertising and marketing, as well as president of Del’s Feed and Farm Supply. He also managed three stores with Southern States, one of the nation’s largest farmer-owned cooperatives.

d.artenie says:
May-11-2012 10:15 pm

I have learned many things
I have learned many things about our actual economy from http://www.absolutewealth.com/. I have started my work being a sales agent, in few months I became sales coordinator and in two years I owned a leadership position in the company. To succeed as I did you have to be attentive to the market's changes and to take the best decision based on these changes. Good luck because if you are motivated you can be the next CEO in your company.

P.Banik says:
Mar-23-2012 12:10 pm

Taking care of the marketing
Taking care of the marketing needs of an organization is not a cakewalk. If your marketing campaign is aptly designed then you could easily reach the customers the way you want. A good marketing campaign has the potential to catapult a business to a new level. I was searching for information on mobile device management when I found your blog.

R.raj says:
Mar-06-2012 01:32 pm

Marketing is the most vital
Marketing is the most vital segment in any organization. So basically this should be handled by someone with expertise. You must have the knowledge about this field and at the same time you have to be well versed in using marketing tools like affiliate network.