HARDWARE STORES

Rocky’s connects with customers and hungry pets

Springfield, Mass.-based Rocky’s Ace Hardware, a family-owned business with 33 stores has engaged in a partnership with Nutro Pet Foods and its customers to help homeless and abandoned pets.

Each of the 33 Rocky’s Ace Hardware stores have partnered with an area Humane Society or Shelter to collect food this holiday season for forgotten and unfortunate animals. “This is a fantastic opportunity for concerned individuals to help innocent animals without having to make a separate trip to their area Animal Shelter or Humane Society” said Rocco Falcone, president and CEO.

Under the program, customers make donations of pet food at their local Rocky’s Ace Hardware store. The stores collect all donations and drive them to their locally chosen charity. Nutro Pet Foods has partnered with Rocky’s in donating more than $1,500 worth of premium dog and cat food to kick-start the program.

K.Wilson says:
Apr-26-2012 11:57 am

I am delighted that I came
I am delighted that I came upon this blog, I could not discover any information on this topic prior to visiting your post. Thanks God I came across on this blog and found the relevant information.Vets For Pets

HARDWARE STORES

True Value names new VP marketing

True Value has named Blake Fohl as its new VP marketing and chief customer officer. In his new role, Fohl will lead brand strategy; segmentation; national, local and regional marketing; trade shows; and research and analytics. In addition, he is responsible for a wide range of programs and initiatives, including True Value’s customer loyalty program, True Value Rewards, True Value’s circular program and retail customer experience metrics.

Fohl is replacing Carol Wentworth, who accepted a position with Performance Bicycle as its senior VP marketing.

Most recently, Fohl was chief marketing officer for Hancock Fabrics, a specialty retailer of fashion and home decor textiles with 265 stores in 37 states.

Prior to that, Fohl served 16 years at Tractor Supply. Beginning as a buyer for three years, he spent the following 13 years in a variety of marketing management roles, including one year as director of marketing, 10 years as VP marketing, and two years as senior VP advertising and marketing, as well as president of Del’s Feed and Farm Supply. He also managed three stores with Southern States, one of the nation’s largest farmer-owned cooperatives.

d.artenie says:
May-11-2012 10:15 pm

I have learned many things
I have learned many things about our actual economy from http://www.absolutewealth.com/. I have started my work being a sales agent, in few months I became sales coordinator and in two years I owned a leadership position in the company. To succeed as I did you have to be attentive to the market's changes and to take the best decision based on these changes. Good luck because if you are motivated you can be the next CEO in your company.

P.Banik says:
Mar-23-2012 12:10 pm

Taking care of the marketing
Taking care of the marketing needs of an organization is not a cakewalk. If your marketing campaign is aptly designed then you could easily reach the customers the way you want. A good marketing campaign has the potential to catapult a business to a new level. I was searching for information on mobile device management when I found your blog.

R.raj says:
Mar-06-2012 01:32 pm

Marketing is the most vital
Marketing is the most vital segment in any organization. So basically this should be handled by someone with expertise. You must have the knowledge about this field and at the same time you have to be well versed in using marketing tools like affiliate network.

HARDWARE STORES

Mizell Lumber & Hardware closes its doors

In Kensington, Md., 90-year-old Mizell Lumber and Hardware, a company that once delivered plywood to the White House in a wagon drawn by horses, closed over the weekend.

One owner, Jeannine Mizell, described the struggles as a "slow death," according to a report at MyFoxdc.com.

Jeannine’s grandfather Russell Mizell opened the store in 1921. Competition from warehouse home centers combined with the poor economy were described as key reasons for the business struggle, according to the article.

S.Shank says:
Apr-09-2012 02:31 am

I would like to thank you for
I would like to thank you for your nicely written post, its informative and your writing style encouraged me to read it till end. Thanks option strategies

S.Shank says:
Apr-09-2012 02:31 am

I would like to thank you for
I would like to thank you for your nicely written post, its informative and your writing style encouraged me to read it till end. Thanks commodity futures

l.420 says:
Mar-18-2012 03:23 pm

I have been assigned to do a
I have been assigned to do a report for our school newspaper on this subject, and your post has been beneficial. Can you please add more reference to this topic, thanks. Nutrition Articles

l.420 says:
Mar-18-2012 03:21 pm

I am currently teaching a
I am currently teaching a class and part of the curriculum involves this subject matter. Do you have any other posts I can look at regarding this? Web developer Charlotte

Mar-17-2012 06:09 pm

I am currently teaching a
I am currently teaching a class and part of the curriculum involves this subject matter. Do you have any other posts I can look at regarding this? Married Cabo

Mar-17-2012 06:08 pm

I am currently teaching a
I am currently teaching a class and part of the curriculum involves this subject matter. Do you have any other posts I can look at regarding this? Forklift certification Training

D.Driver says:
Mar-11-2012 10:25 pm

It sounds like Mizell was
It sounds like Mizell was simply riding out the inevitable longer than other companies. The Home Depotization of every neighborhood has had this effect on mom and pop stores of all kinds. Very sad, but very true. neprinol

C.Stoett says:
Feb-24-2012 04:17 am

When a business with such a
When a business with such a storied history such as Mizell Lumber closes its doors, I feel quite sorry for them. The lumber industry has been hit because of environmental activists on the constant fight against them, plus the embracing of IT as a medium to store data, both resulted in a drop in demand for paper and timber. I wonder how other lumber companies are holding out. Stoett