Rate of new-home sales declines 7.1% in March

Housing sales data took a turn in the wrong direction in March.

Sales of new single-family houses in March 2012 were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 328,000, according to estimates released jointly today by the U.S. Census Bureau and the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

The March rate is 7.1% below the revised February rate of 353,000, but it’s 7.5% above the same rate from a year ago.

The median sales price of new houses sold in March 2012 was $234,500, down from $236,900 in February. The average sales price rose to $291,200, up from $269,700. The seasonally adjusted estimate of new houses for sale at the end of March was 144,000. This represents a supply of 5.3 months at the current sales rate.

M.xon says:
May-22-2012 10:45 am

Thanks for your post. I’ve
Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and Debt Relief Programs link to this instead if that's cool. Thanks.

j.been says:
May-21-2012 05:21 am

Housing sales data is one of
Housing sales data is one of the best economic site, who have the ability to make their own custom. It provide the latest breaking News, Pictures, Videos, and Special Reports from The Economic Times. How to get rid of genital warts

d.dantatpaltoo says:
May-19-2012 04:07 am

As part of an assignment for
As part of an assignment for research I have to find an article with relevant information on this topic and give the teacher our opinion and the article. Your article helped me a lot. Jim

b.bestkeentol says:
May-16-2012 04:35 am

vThis topic has always
vThis topic has always fascinated me. Thank you for writing an article that has great content and is well written. Well I am inspired by your writing style. Mini Storage Dublin

f.freemp3tone says:
May-15-2012 07:59 am

I have been curious about
I have been curious about this topic and decided to do some research. Your article has some useful information. Do you have any more on this subject? download free legal music

b.bintosfunny says:
May-15-2012 04:16 am

Your approach to this topic
Your approach to this topic is unique and informative. I am writing an article for our school paper and this post has helped me. Thanks. injection machines

c.bestor says:
May-14-2012 05:12 pm

This subject has always been
This subject has always been one of my preferred topics to study about. I have discovered your publish to be very stirring and complete of reliable details. I will examine your other content soon. diabetic foot ulcer

May-14-2012 10:24 am

Very interesting and
Very interesting and informative article. We are happy to read such online drivers education texts. You can always have something interesting move. it's a good idea for business.

M.Roosa says:
Apr-24-2012 06:07 pm

Housing prices could be down
Housing prices could be down because we reached an elasticity point with the increase from $269,700 to $291,200 - That's a pretty big one-month increase in price. Looks like all of the cheaper housing was taken off the market and the higher priced housing is what was left over. Fortunately according to a real estate report on a top home security blog, the number of rental property purchases are increasing, which means that within the decade we should have another boom.

Who do you view as your biggest competitor?

At HIRI event, a mid-single-digit story of growth

During the Home Improvement Research Institute Spring Conference in Arlington, Va., a presentation from IHS Global Insight presented a relatively positive forecast for the home improvement products market.

Both 2012 and 2013 should be better than 2011, according to the forecast.

The annual change of sales (in nominal dollars) for 2012 is forecast at 5.0% and 4.6% for 2013. In the Consumer market, the growth rates are 5.4% for 2012 and 4.6% for 2013.

The Professional market, which grew a mere 2.9% in 2011, is forecast to grow 4.0% in 2012 and 4.7% in 2013.

Looking further into 2014, the growth rate of the sales of home improvement products is expected to gradually accelerate, according to James Gillula, managing director of consulting services for IHS Global Insight.

r.robbinebones says:
May-17-2012 07:13 am

I have found this article
I have found this article very exciting. Do you have any others on this topic? I am also sending it to my friend to enjoy your writing style. Thanks

Who do you view as your biggest competitor?

Feedback shapes HD Supply’s new catalog

San Diego-based HD Supply Facilities Maintenance, a leading distributor of maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) products, recently released its 2012 full-line catalog of more than 22,000 products

“Customer feedback is the driving force behind our investments and is reflected in each of the new products and services featured in the catalog,” said Anesa Chaibi, president and CEO of HD Supply Facilities Maintenance. “We are committed to providing the products, services and solutions that best serve the needs of our customers.”

Among the new items:

• New EPA-compliant Dry22 HVAC condensers from industry-leading manufacturer Payne;
• Premier national plumbing brands including TOTO toilets, Grohe fixtures and genuine Kohler repair parts;
• The latest in lightweight, high voltage power tools from trusted brands, including Milwaukee and DeWalt;
• New sustainable products, including LED lighting and fixtures, water conservation parts and recycled content paper products;
• Newly designed Brighton Manor kitchen and bath cabinetry;
• Armstrong floating vinyl Luxe Plank flooring; and
• Expanded line of janitorial products, including new “perfect fit” and recycled trash liners, as well as premium Georgia Pacific’s Angel Soft brand bath and facial tissues.

Chaibi added that the company added 120 sales associates across the business.

N.Lae says:
May-19-2012 03:15 pm

I will search the catalog. I
I will search the catalog. I can see it has bath products. I need to buy shower tub doors and another sink for my bathroom.

Who do you view as your biggest competitor?