NCR introduces cloud-based POS system for independent retailers

NCR has announced the introduction of a point-of-sale system that will allow independent retailers to manage transactions, track sales and inventory, process credit cards, and market to customers on both touch-screen terminals and Apple mobile devices.

The system is a cloud-based platform that NCR said would give independent retailers a multichannel "sell anywhere" capability.

"This new solution makes big-box retail technology accessible for all and enables merchants to focus on their business, not on managing technology," said NCR VP specialty retail Christian Nahas. "We are passionate about helping small businesses run and scale their business, connect with customers across channels and sell anywhere. We are actively talking to all types of organizations who sell to small businesses, and the feedback has been overwhelming: They can’t wait to take this product to their customers."

The platform is scheduled to become widely available in early spring.

R.John says:
May-03-2012 08:59 am

Dharuhera property is a
Dharuhera property is a professionally managed organisation specializing in real estate services where integrated services are provided by professionals to its clients seeking increased value by owning, luxury villa in gurgaon, occupying or investing in real estate & commercial plots in gurgaon.

l.linmtemevv says:
Apr-24-2012 01:44 pm

This post has helped me for
This post has helped me for an article which I am writing. Thank you for giving me another point of view on this topic. Now I can easily complete my article. Cheers order checks

j.jonahowoho says:
Apr-20-2012 06:25 pm

This subject has interested
This subject has interested me for quite some time. I have just started researching it on the Internet and found your post to be informative. Thanks recycle mobile phone

y.ypppleson says:
Apr-20-2012 07:47 am

I have been assigned to do a
I have been assigned to do a report for our school newspaper on this subject, and your post has been beneficial. Can you please add more reference to this topic, thanks. bahily

M.Asder says:
Apr-20-2012 04:38 am

Loved to read your blog. I
Loved to read your blog. I would like to suggest you that traffic show most people read blogs on Mondays. So it should encourage blogger to write new write ups over the weekend primarily. FIOS promotion

l.lovehimdsttot says:
Apr-01-2012 04:06 am

I am find information on this
I am find information on this topic as I am working on a business project. Thank you posting relative information and its now becoming easier to complete this project. click now

l.420 says:
Mar-18-2012 07:40 pm

There are so many aspects to
There are so many aspects to this, and you have opened up another train of thought for me to examine. Thank you for your insight. Upload videos to share

Q.420 says:
Mar-17-2012 07:02 am

I have been seeking
I have been seeking information on this topic for the past few hours and found your post to be well written and has solid information. Georgia Insurance Plans

Mar-16-2012 04:19 pm

Sometimes it is so hard to
Sometimes it is so hard to find good and useful posts out there when doing research. Now I will send it to my colleagues as well. Thank you for being one of them. Honda OEM parts

h.latha says:
Feb-20-2012 04:32 am

I wanted to thank you for
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Crescent Processing

A.O. Smith launches mobile app for plumbers

Ashland City, Tenn.-based maker of water heaters and boilers launched the A.O. Smith Warranty Check app for contractors and plumbers for use in the field.

"The iPhone and Android have created a huge demand for on-the-go information from homeowners and professionals," said Matt Southards, senior manager of digital marketing and strategy for A.O. Smith. "As an industry leader, we want to provide our plumbing professionals with easy access to critical information from remote locations."

The unique mobile phone application for the Apple iPhone and Google Android phone will allow plumbing professionals to easily check water heaters in the field for warranty information and product details on both residential and commercial products, the company said.

M.Costea says:
May-16-2012 01:08 pm

I think is a great initiative
I think is a great initiative as it is more easy for them to do their job and using the apps they can solve more quick some problems where they can't find a solution. Instead of wasting time using Mass Texting they can quick find out what they need.

S.Gibbs says:
Apr-26-2012 10:56 am

I admire your efforts and
I admire your efforts and your idea that you put into this blog. Thanks for the information. Really lovely and useful for me and will refer my friends to this blog. body wraps

S.Gibbs says:
Apr-25-2012 08:54 pm

I was very pleased to find
I was very pleased to find this website. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post. www.chickencoopsandhouses.co.uk

f.keskin says:
Apr-12-2012 01:54 pm

Bebek odası sanal mağazası
Bebek odası sanal mağazası üzerinden bebek odası takımları, beşik, bebek arabası ve puset, uyku seti modelleri, bebek aksesuarları, bebek oda koltuğu ve genç odası seçenekleri arasından seçiminizi yapın. belis bebek odası ve genç odası alanlarında profesyonel satış ve montaj ekibiyle müşterilerine hizmet vermektedir.

Mar-17-2012 07:53 pm

I am exploring this topic for
I am exploring this topic for a report I have to write. You have good content and I would like to know if you have any other posts about this? Natural dog remedies

D.Driver says:
Mar-10-2012 03:05 am

neprinol peyronies
neprinol peyronies

Obama calls out Master Lock in national address

Addressing the need to keep jobs from moving offshore, President Obama singled out Master Lock as an example of a company that moved jobs back to the United States — and should be rewarded for it.

“A few weeks ago, the CEO of Master Lock told me that it now makes business sense for him to bring jobs back home,” Obama said in his Jan. 24 “State of the Union” address before the U.S. Congress. “Today, for the first time in 15 years, Master Lock’s unionized plant in Milwaukee is running at full capacity.”

A Master Lock spokeswoman said that CEO John Heppner, along with several other CEOs, met with the president, the vice president and cabinet members in an “Insourcing American Jobs” forum on Jan. 11 at the White House.

Since mid-2010, Master Lock has brought back approximately 100 jobs from China to its Milwaukee factory, which is unionized. Increasingly higher labor and logistics costs in Asia contributed to the decision. Milwaukee provided a more competitive overall cost structure, better control and the ability to better serve customers, according to a statement from the company.

Obama returned to the theme of insourcing a little later in his speech when he addressed the tax code.

“Right now, companies get tax breaks for moving jobs and profits overseas. Meanwhile, companies that choose to stay in America get hit with one of the highest tax rates in the world. It makes no sense, and everyone knows it,” Obama continued. “If you’re a business that wants to outsource jobs, you shouldn’t get a tax deduction for doing it. That money should be used to cover moving expenses for companies like Master Lock that decide to bring jobs home.”

In his prepared statement, Heppner stressed that the federal government also needs to improve access to skilled labor and improve the supply chain structure in North America.