Nation’s unemployment rate doesn’t budge

The U.S. Department of Labor reported that nonfarm payroll employment edged up by 103,000 jobs in September, but the unemployment rate stayed at 9.1%.

Construction was one of the areas cited for job gains, according to the employment situation summary, released Friday morning. Other areas were professional and business services and health care.

Construction employment increased by 26,000 over the month, after showing little movement since February. The over-the-month gain was due to employment increases in the nonresidential construction industries, which includes heavy and civil construction.

The gain of 103,000 jobs was much higher than a consensus estimate of 55,000. Also, the August data were revised from zero jobs created to 57,000 jobs gained.

Shoplifting ring recruits from homeless shelters

An Albuquerque man arrested for allegedly stealing from Home Depot and Lowe’s on multiple occasions was using homeless people to return the merchandise for refunds, according to a news report on KRQE.

Rodney Segura was apprehended inside a Lowe’s store on Sept. 28 by detectives who had been following the suspect, according to the report. Lowe’s loss prevention officers said they also had Segura under surveillance.

Authorities claim that Segura stole $15,000 worth of goods from Lowe’s and $17,000 from Home Depot stores in the area. As part of the scheme, police said, Segura recruited 22 people from homeless shelters to return items. Both retailers have alerts built into their return systems if one individual makes too many returns, especially without a receipt.

S.Gibbs says:
May-23-2012 12:44 pm

This is highly informatics,
This is highly informatics, crisp and clear. I think that Everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things. 1800hospice

S.Gibbs says:
May-18-2012 01:47 pm

This is just the information
This is just the information I am finding everywhere.Me and my friend were arguing about an issue similar to this! Now I know that I was right.Thanks for the information you post. tubs walk in

S.Gibbs says:
May-17-2012 09:02 am

A good example of content
A good example of content presentation. A piece of information from you every now and then is really great. Everything was so well coordinated and looked so aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Apple iPhone

S.Gibbs says:
May-17-2012 08:57 am

A good example of content

S.Gibbs says:
May-16-2012 03:21 pm

Its a great pleasure reading
Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work! important information

S.Gibbs says:
May-16-2012 08:26 am

I was very pleased to find
I was very pleased to find this website. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post. shades purchase

R.Khan says:
May-02-2012 04:56 pm

free home business Is it
free home business Is it true? This is ridiculous. How could they do it? I never support it. Thank you for sharing this post anyway.

R.Khan says:
May-01-2012 04:32 pm

memory foam mattress
memory foam mattress topper As your marketing department is managed well, then your business goes well. It's nothing new that enriched marketing department can take your business high.

R.Khan says:
Apr-28-2012 07:33 pm

Great Lawyer Site It was
Great Lawyer Site It was amazing to visit your site and read your entire post. Thank you very much for sharing this building related post. I was in need of this.

R.Khan says:
Apr-28-2012 03:23 am

moroccan tree If the new is
moroccan tree If the new is true, then it's a very sad. I think the reason should find out very soon and take a step. Thank you very much.

f.alexei says:
Mar-22-2012 07:54 am

Your article has helped me to
Your article has helped me to understand this subject on a different level. I would like to appreciate your efforts for exploring this issue. Thank you for your information. clubmz reviews

Mar-17-2012 08:07 pm

Wow! I really appreciate the
Wow! I really appreciate the thought that you put into this article. This topic has been something I have been looking into for a few hours and your post is one of the best I have read. 5 bedroom villa to rent Bali

Q.420 says:
Mar-17-2012 06:34 am

I have found this article
I have found this article very exciting. Do you have any others on this topic? I am also sending it to my friend to enjoy your writing style. Thanks Mouse Pads

Mar-16-2012 03:57 pm

I enjoyed reading your
I enjoyed reading your article and found it to be informative and to the point. Thank you for not rambling on and on just to fill the page. best gold stocks to buy

e.john says:
Mar-14-2012 07:56 am

This is an excellent post.
This is an excellent post. It's having good description regarding this topic.It is informative and helpful.I have known many information from this. Thanks for sharing. cell phone spy software

b.420 says:
Mar-14-2012 06:03 am

As part of an assignment for
As part of an assignment for research I have to find an article with relevant information on this topic and give the teacher our opinion and the article. Your article helped me a lot. public speaking course

C.Ciantar says:
Jan-30-2012 06:52 pm

How did one person manage to
How did one person manage to steal 32,000 $ worth of goods? TheGateKeeper (Muay Thai practitioner and Muay Thai Camps in Thailand owner)

S.Guy says:
Oct-10-2011 05:48 pm

Good for the homeless people.
Good for the homeless people. They very well may be former employees of Lowes and They Home Depot.

DeWalt redesigns the steel-headed hammer

DeWalt unveiled its 15-ounce Framing Hammer with an innovative construction process that combines an all-steel head with a lightweight hammer.

During the company’s new product luncheon at the Westin Times Square, Dennis Danville, leader of DeWalt’s assembly demolition business unit, said the hammers employ MIG Weld Technology to lower the weight of the hammer head.

The process matches the weight of leading titanium hammers while maintaining the strength and durability,  Danville  said. "This innovation delivers the power professionals need to maximize their level of productivity while minimizing arm fatigue,” he added.

The 15-ounce Framing Hammer is expected to retail for approximately $60.

“Traditionally, hammers as heavy as 28 or even 32 ounces were the industry standard in framing applications; however, the trend is moving toward lighter hand and power tools,” Danville said.