Lowe’s makes a case for the smart home

Lowe’s new Iris Smart Home solution is slated to be available in Lowe’s stores and through Lowes.com in mid-2012.

Iris is described as an affordable system that will give homeowners the ability to control and interact with their homes from anywhere. Energy and technology company Genability will be used by Lowe’s in its new cloud-based smart home solution called Iris.

"Energy management is an integral part of our smart home vision," said Kevin Meagher, Lowe’s VP and general manager of Smart Home. "By incorporating Genability, we are able to tell homeowners not just what energy they are using, but what their energy choices are costing them. Providing consumers with energy knowledge is a vital piece of our smart home initiative."

The Lowe’s initiative will involve vendor collaboration. For instance, door manufacturer Therma-Tru will integrate with Lowe’s Iris system. Therma-Tru will develop and incorporate a monitoring system in 2012 for homeowners that can be used via Iris in conjunction with Benchmark by Therma-Tru entry doors purchased at Lowe’s stores nationwide. The new system will make it possible for homeowners to be notified on their smartphone or computer whenever a monitored home entry door has been opened, the company said.

F.Nieuwenhuis says:
Apr-30-2012 10:24 pm

You can find an alchemy in
You can find an alchemy in sorrow. It can be transmuted into wisdom, which, if it doesn't deliver happiness, could yet carry delight. Click Here to Visit Music could be your own expertise, your ideas, your intelligence. If you do not live it, it is not going to come out of your horn. http://enlargeyourbreasts.posterous.com

j.justan says:
Apr-27-2012 03:34 pm

Part of the nation's
Part of the nation's deference to the troops resides in a lingering shame over the treatment of returning Vietnam War vets. May the nation never Survival knives forget the indifference and the insults. Part of the shame stems from the knowledge that nobody works harder for the nation than its armed forces, elements of which are being misused, Throwing knives but which most of the country is willing to sacrifice.

j.justan says:
Apr-27-2012 03:18 pm

Part of the nation's
Part of the nation's deference to Survival knives the troops resides in a lingering shame over the treatment of returning Vietnam War vets. May the nation never forget the indifference Throwing knives and the insults. Part of the shame stems from the knowledge that nobody works harder for the nation than its armed forces.

j.wify says:
Apr-27-2012 05:12 am

The strongest sense of home
The strongest sense of home commonly coincides geographically with a dwelling. Usually the sense of home attenuates as one moves away from that point, but it does not do so in a fixed or regular way. Furthermore, places like homes can trigger self reflection, thoughts about who one is or used to be or who one might become. These types of reflections also occur in places where there is a collective historical identity, such as Gettysburg or Ground Zero. Thanks. Regards, phlebotomy.net

j.wify says:
Apr-26-2012 07:12 am

In computer terminology, a
In computer terminology, a 'home' may refer to a starting view that branches off into other tasks, e.g. a homepage or a desktop. In a full screen editor, home is often used to mean the top leftmost character cell, or the leftmost cell on a line in a line editor. These are the initial ones used by left to right languages. Thanks. Regards, phone number lookup

j.jones says:
Apr-20-2012 06:38 am

I feel strongly about it and
I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise. You write very well which is amazing. I really impressed by your post. seo content services

J.Cruz says:
Apr-16-2012 11:05 am

I have been searching for
I have been searching for quite some time for information on this topic and no doubt your website saved my time and I got my desired information. Your post has been very helpful. Thanks. florist charlottesville virginia

M.Dev says:
Apr-15-2012 12:51 pm

Your knowledge of this
Your knowledge of this subject comes through clearly in this post. This is a great post. I like to read this kind of articles. Thanks and waiting for this kind of post. hip hop music

f.keskin says:
Apr-12-2012 01:51 pm

Bebek odası sanal mağazası
Bebek odası sanal mağazası üzerinden bebek odası takımları, beşik, bebek arabası ve puset, uyku seti modelleri, bebek aksesuarları, bebek oda koltuğu ve genç odası seçenekleri arasından seçiminizi yapın. belis bebek odası ve genç odası alanlarında profesyonel satış ve montaj ekibiyle müşterilerine hizmet vermektedir.

h.wang says:
Apr-08-2012 02:27 am

where you are originating
where you are originating from with this particular article then after a whole great offer more I believe that there is fantastic tactics. http://www.buyfamouswatch.com/breguet-watches-c-93.html http://www.buyfamouswatch.com/ replica Breguet Watches

g.gopalsigng says:
Apr-04-2012 08:23 am

I am researching this topic
I am researching this topic for use in a future business I am thinking about starting. Thank you for this information, it has been educational and helpful to me. thyromine

G.Gorjhao99 says:
Apr-04-2012 03:07 am

Sometimes it is so hard to
Sometimes it is so hard to find good and useful posts out there when doing research. Now I will send it to my colleagues as well. Thank you for being one of them. polished concrete

p.pupocnadandce says:
Mar-22-2012 01:39 pm

Thanks for this exciting
Thanks for this exciting post. It is well written and has some great content. Do you have any others that I can go to about this subject? no credit check

l.420 says:
Mar-18-2012 06:57 pm

There are a lot of blogs and
There are a lot of blogs and articles out there on this topic, but you have captured another side of the subject. This is good content thank you for sharing it. Los Angeles Therapy

m.mahboobb says:
Mar-17-2012 07:36 am

I am writing a term paper on
I am writing a term paper on this topic and came across your post which was very helpful. Do you know where I can find more information about this? Survival Knives

Mar-16-2012 04:34 pm

Your knowledge of this
Your knowledge of this subject comes through clearly in this article. I love to read this kind of articles, I hope you will update it. Thank you for sharing it with me. neodymium earth magnets

C.Stoett says:
Feb-28-2012 03:57 am

This seems like a great
This seems like a great collaboration. I wonder if Stoett will want to work with Lowe's to integrate their screen doors to Lowe's smart system. Knowing that energy management is huge on their agendas, those screen doors can easily help bring in more light in the house, lowering the need to additional lighting. That combination could be interesting indeed.

How much credit should be given to the co-op business model for the success of the independent hardware and building supply dealer over the last half century?

Industry Dashboard for Jan. 9, 2012

The national unemployment rate is declining, consumer confidence is rising, and stocks on the Home Channel Stock Roundup appear generally in the top right quadrant of the grid.

n.nowbacktime says:
Apr-30-2012 04:06 pm

This is a terrific article,
This is a terrific article, and I would like more information if you have any. I am fascinated with this topic and your post has been one of the best I have read. Ab Belt Discounts

t.thisusertype says:
Apr-30-2012 03:24 pm

I like the way you described
I like the way you described the topic with such clarity. This is something I have been thinking about for a long time and you really captured the essence of the subject. blogs on law

S.Shassdsedw says:
Apr-30-2012 10:32 am

Still there is room for
Still there is room for greater development and I would recommend more emphasis on research and of course it will bring a better situation. Thanks for sharing a nice read. Cheers orlando town car service

f.keskin says:
Apr-09-2012 01:21 pm

avon nisan kataloğu 2012
avon nisan kataloğu 2012 ürünlerine avon katalog sosyal paylaşım ağlarında oluşmuş gruplardan da ulaşmak mümkündür. avon katalog Her yeni Avon katalog yeni fırsatlarla geldiğinden sayıları takip etmek kampanyaları kaçırmamak için faydalı olacaktır.

j.jones says:
Apr-09-2012 06:38 am

I always find such amazing
I always find such amazing posts on this website and today’s post was really amazing. Now I have become a regular user of this website. Thanks for giving us so much knowledge. editing service

j.lopero says:
Apr-07-2012 11:14 am

The next time I read a blog,
The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesn’t disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you’d have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you weren’t too busy looking for attention. cell phone spyware

l.jamni says:
Apr-07-2012 08:05 am

I would be very thankful if
I would be very thankful if you continue with quality what you are serving right now with your blog...I really enjoyed it...and i really appreciate to you for this....its always pleasure to read so....Thanks for sharing!!! cell phone spy software

Mar-17-2012 08:06 pm

I am currently looking into a
I am currently looking into a career change and this post helped to see another aspect of the industry. I appreciate your article. Colleges in Los Angeles

Q.420 says:
Mar-17-2012 06:33 am

Sometimes it is so hard to
Sometimes it is so hard to find good and useful posts out there when doing research. Now I will send it to my colleagues as well. Thank you for being one of them. Disney Costumes

Mar-16-2012 03:56 pm

I have been curious about
I have been curious about this topic and decided to do some research. Your article has some useful information. Do you have any more on this subject? student bus tours

h.latha says:
Mar-07-2012 05:49 am

Thank you for another fantastic blog. Where else could I get this kind of information written in such an incite full way? I have a project that I am just now working on, and i am sure this will help me a lot..and I have been looking for such information since from few days....Thanks!!!!! Diet tips

h.latha says:
Feb-20-2012 04:33 am

I wanted to thank you for
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Crescent Processing

Siam Cement sets its sights on U.S.

The Siam Cement Group (SCG), the second largest company in Thailand and the country’s largest cement supplier, is planning to begin exporting building materials once again to the United States, according to an article in the Bangkok Post.

Kan Trakulhoon, president and CEO of the industrial conglomerate, made his remarks during the Jan. 4 opening of the BoI Fair, a green technology event being held in Thailand this month. He said that a team has been assigned to prepare the group’s re-entry into the U.S. market after positive economic signs. These indicators include a rebound in the U.S. stock exchange and the 7% growth in housing sales during November 2011.

The United States was once one of SCG’s biggest export markets, accounting for 20% of shipments in 2006. The company even found it profitable to ship bulky products like cement to the U.S. West Coast.

But demand dropped sharply during the housing bust, and the United States now represents only 1% of SCG’s shipments. Kan observed that the U.S. economy has clearly bottomed out, with a steady recovery expected from now on.

"We see an opportunity to boost petrochemical sales there, especially high value-added products that are competitive in terms of cost," he said. SCG also remains strong in the building materials market, Trakulhoon said, pointing to the Cotto roofing products for sale at Home Depot stores.

Exports make up 29% of SCG’s revenue. Taken together, Asian countries make up 40% of that figure.

SCG is comprised of 100 companies divided into five business core groups: chemicals, paper, cement, building materials and distribution.