Keynoters on tap in Las Vegas
The stars of HGTV’s Good Bones, the founder of TreeHouse and the creator of The Grommet will take the stage in Las Vegas during the National Hardware Show in a trio of keynote speeches designed to educate attendees on important industry topics.
The keynote addresses are part of the NRHA All-Industry Conference, which also has arranged award ceremonies and other educational sessions for attendees of the show. The National Hardware Show is slated for Tuesday May 8 to Thursday May 10 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“Though breadth of product, exhibitors from all over the world and inventors make the Show one of the most efficient trips for industry professionals to make, the added benefits of attending the complimentary NRHA All-Industry Conference really help attendees to maximize your time and move their businesses forward. Gaining insight from leading industry figures, learning about NRHA’s research initiatives and connecting with other independent retailers, all under one roof is invaluable,” says Rich Russo, vice president of the National Hardware Show.
Show organizers describe the keynotes here:
- Meet the Stars of HGTV’s “Good Bones.” Mother-daughter duo Karen E Laine and Mina Starsiak Hawk, the stars of HGTV’s hit TV show “Good Bones,” will share their story of how they began rehabbing homes in their Indianapolis community and how their passion led to a successful construction company and a hit television show. Attendees can learn more about their work in filming their successful series, and how retailers can capitalize on the latest trends in home renovation.
- Hear From TreeHouse Co-Founder and President Jason Ballard. As the co-founder and president of TreeHouse, the world’s first home upgrade company, Jason Ballard knows what the home of the future looks like. Ballard will share what retailers can do to best meet customers’ growing smart home product needs. He’ll also discuss the unique eco-friendly design of TreeHouse’s Dallas headquarters.
- Discover the Next Big Thing With The Grommet CEO Jules Pieri. Product discovery platform The Grommet has successfully brought thousands of new and innovative products from 16 categories to store shelves. Pieri will explain how her company chooses which products to champion and how Ace Hardware’s recent acquisition of a majority stake in The Grommet influences its path forward.
For more information visit NationalHardwareShow.com.
New events showcased at LMC Annual Meeting
LMC held two special events at its recent 83rd annual meeting in Tampa, Fla.
Both were designed to bring together niche, industry specialists with dealers attending the show: a “Marketing Idea Exchange” was introduced along with a brand new “Kitchen & Bath Showcase.”
The Marketing Idea Exchange brought together marketing professionals from around the country who specifically work in the forest products and building materials industry. Meanwhile, the Kitchen & Bath Showcase gathered kitchen and bath designers together to learn from National Kitchen and Bath Association accredited courses, to see the latest and greatest products and to network, LMC said.
The Exchange began with a case study and ice breakers where the groups got to know one another, explored challenges dealers are facing and finding new solutions to overcome those challenges. It featured two professional facilitators to help guide the conversations.
“I attended the Marketing exchange with the group. Whole new group of people I haven’t met, so a lot of networking and great contacts that I’ve made,” said Stacy Bivona of Builders Warehouse. “Our keynote speakers were great, they were very engaging. They kept the conversation flowing and a lot of the questions that the group had were addressed. There was very natural, collaborative discussions — it’s been great.”
The attendees then broke into two small groups to tackle two big topics: “Building Your Pro Business” and “Digital Marketing.”
“I think the most valuable thing about the LMC Marketing Exchange was connecting with other dealers, different and the same as myself, and really learning about what they’re doing as well as things I can implement in our business in order to help grow,” said Jim Carpenter of Curtis Lumber.
Dealers that attended the showcase said that they liked the opportunity to network with other designers and they especially appreciated the accredited courses.
“The suppliers are pleased they are very happy with the results of the new layout of this show where we brought all of the K&B vendors together,” said Deirdre Garland, a Kitchen & Bath buyer for LMC and a key organizer of the showcase. “They are getting a lot more direct traffic, targeted dealers, and they are a lot busier than in years’ past.”
LMC, based in Wayne, Pa., is a forest products and building materials buying group with more than 1,400 dealer locations in the United States and the Bahamas.
New at the Hardware Show
Organizers of the 73rd National Hardware Show, coming to Las Vegas May 8-10 (Tuesday to Thursday), expect more than 2,500 hands-on exhibits across more than 15 product categories.
New experiential product displays and special events are expected to energize the event and live up to its new slogan: “The Tool that Powers Your Business.” Attendee badge registration grants access to the NRHA All-Industry Conference, personalized exhibitor and product recommendations, the NHS Mobile App and other planning features to offer attendees a seamless attending experience. (Register here.)
“This year’s Show, our 73rd edition, begins a new era for the National Hardware Show” Rich Russo, vice president of NHS says. “For years, we have served the industry as a way for hardware & home improvement professionals to connect face-to-face annually. While that won’t change, in addition to an all-new logo and look, we’re enhancing the Show experience with new interactive exhibits, new ways to showcase trends, enhanced NRHA All-Industry Conference, new participation from retail leaders and so much more. This is truly a year not to be missed.”
Three new Show features offer interactive ways to experience trends:
- Smart Home Virtual Reality experience will give retailers an immersive look at the home of the future and what they can do to become go-to destinations for customers in this category. Take a virtual tour of the products, accessories and whole-home integrations customers will be asking for in the years ahead.
- Ultimate Backyard outside in Tailgate, Backyard & BBQ presents the latest and greatest in grilling, outdoor living and more. Take a moment to relax and unwind and see what’s cooking in this popular category to help make your customers’ backyards their favorite destination in town.
- Operation Tiny Home will offer attendees an exclusive look at the tiny home building process and the products specially made for these homes. Operation Tiny Home will be hosting a 3-day Tiny Home Building Workshop with the host of Tiny Home Nation, Zach Giffin, where veterans will become proficient with tiny home construction practices and general carpentry skills and you’ll watch the building process from start to finish.
Visit Nationalhardwareshow.com for updates on all of the above.