Industry Dashboard for Jan. 9, 2012

The national unemployment rate is declining, consumer confidence is rising, and stocks on the Home Channel Stock Roundup appear generally in the top right quadrant of the grid.

n.nowbacktime says:
Apr-30-2012 04:06 pm

This is a terrific article,
This is a terrific article, and I would like more information if you have any. I am fascinated with this topic and your post has been one of the best I have read. Ab Belt Discounts

t.thisusertype says:
Apr-30-2012 03:24 pm

I like the way you described
I like the way you described the topic with such clarity. This is something I have been thinking about for a long time and you really captured the essence of the subject. blogs on law

S.Shassdsedw says:
Apr-30-2012 10:32 am

Still there is room for
Still there is room for greater development and I would recommend more emphasis on research and of course it will bring a better situation. Thanks for sharing a nice read. Cheers orlando town car service

f.keskin says:
Apr-09-2012 01:21 pm

avon nisan kataloğu 2012
avon nisan kataloğu 2012 ürünlerine avon katalog sosyal paylaşım ağlarında oluşmuş gruplardan da ulaşmak mümkündür. avon katalog Her yeni Avon katalog yeni fırsatlarla geldiğinden sayıları takip etmek kampanyaları kaçırmamak için faydalı olacaktır.

j.jones says:
Apr-09-2012 06:38 am

I always find such amazing
I always find such amazing posts on this website and today’s post was really amazing. Now I have become a regular user of this website. Thanks for giving us so much knowledge. editing service

j.lopero says:
Apr-07-2012 11:14 am

The next time I read a blog,
The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesn’t disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you’d have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you weren’t too busy looking for attention. cell phone spyware

l.jamni says:
Apr-07-2012 08:05 am

I would be very thankful if
I would be very thankful if you continue with quality what you are serving right now with your blog...I really enjoyed it...and i really appreciate to you for this....its always pleasure to read so....Thanks for sharing!!! cell phone spy software

Mar-17-2012 08:06 pm

I am currently looking into a
I am currently looking into a career change and this post helped to see another aspect of the industry. I appreciate your article. Colleges in Los Angeles

Q.420 says:
Mar-17-2012 06:33 am

Sometimes it is so hard to
Sometimes it is so hard to find good and useful posts out there when doing research. Now I will send it to my colleagues as well. Thank you for being one of them. Disney Costumes

Mar-16-2012 03:56 pm

I have been curious about
I have been curious about this topic and decided to do some research. Your article has some useful information. Do you have any more on this subject? student bus tours

h.latha says:
Mar-07-2012 05:49 am

Thank you for another fantastic blog. Where else could I get this kind of information written in such an incite full way? I have a project that I am just now working on, and i am sure this will help me a lot..and I have been looking for such information since from few days....Thanks!!!!! Diet tips

h.latha says:
Feb-20-2012 04:33 am

I wanted to thank you for
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Crescent Processing

Would you like to see the re-emergence of an association like the AHMA?

Siam Cement sets its sights on U.S.

The Siam Cement Group (SCG), the second largest company in Thailand and the country’s largest cement supplier, is planning to begin exporting building materials once again to the United States, according to an article in the Bangkok Post.

Kan Trakulhoon, president and CEO of the industrial conglomerate, made his remarks during the Jan. 4 opening of the BoI Fair, a green technology event being held in Thailand this month. He said that a team has been assigned to prepare the group’s re-entry into the U.S. market after positive economic signs. These indicators include a rebound in the U.S. stock exchange and the 7% growth in housing sales during November 2011.

The United States was once one of SCG’s biggest export markets, accounting for 20% of shipments in 2006. The company even found it profitable to ship bulky products like cement to the U.S. West Coast.

But demand dropped sharply during the housing bust, and the United States now represents only 1% of SCG’s shipments. Kan observed that the U.S. economy has clearly bottomed out, with a steady recovery expected from now on.

"We see an opportunity to boost petrochemical sales there, especially high value-added products that are competitive in terms of cost," he said. SCG also remains strong in the building materials market, Trakulhoon said, pointing to the Cotto roofing products for sale at Home Depot stores.

Exports make up 29% of SCG’s revenue. Taken together, Asian countries make up 40% of that figure.

SCG is comprised of 100 companies divided into five business core groups: chemicals, paper, cement, building materials and distribution.

Would you like to see the re-emergence of an association like the AHMA?

Caulk & Sealant, by the numbers

Channel analysis
Dollar sales and unit sales of the caulk and sealant category both showed year-over-year gains, according to consumer research from the Port Washington, N.Y.-based NPD Group. But unit volume is down compared with two years ago. The warehouse home centers dominated — nearly three of every five tubes of caulk — but have trended down in the past 12 months.

Product attributes
In the past 12 months, more than two-thirds (67%) of caulk and sealant has been sold in the form of a cartridge to be used in a caulk gun. A squeeze tube was the second-most common packaging (17.1%).

Demographic analysis
The 45-to-54-year age group is the most active in terms of caulk and sealant purchases over the last three years. Older consumers tend to be slightly more active than two years ago, while younger consumers tend to be slightly less active.

Purchase motivators
Brand and features are growing in importance, in terms of how consumers in a store decide which product to purchase. More than just about any category, “close to home” factors heavily in “reason for retailer shopped.”

Methodology: NPD data are based on monthly tracking of more than 30 home improvement-related
categories and 30,000 opt-in consumers.
*2011 data reflects the period December 2010 through November 2011.
**Key: WHC: warehouse home center; MM: mass merchant; DS: department store; SS: specialty store; HS: hardware store
*** More than one answer accepted

l.smy says:
May-19-2012 09:50 am

I saw the numbers and I read
I saw the numbers and I read that those are real. you should psot more often this kind of comments. cloud computing providers

Would you like to see the re-emergence of an association like the AHMA?