Imagine $100K for a lucky independent retailer
The National Hardware Show, coming to Las Vegas May 9-11, has a question for independent retailers: What would you do to improve your store with $100,000?
And that’s not all. The National Hardware Show’s Reimagine Retail contest will give away $100,000 to the winner.
To enter, eligible independent retailers must submit a 500 word (or less) essay that answers the question: What would you do to improve your store with $100,000?
The contest focuses on projects from the following business improvement areas: store design, technology, employees and products.
The National Hardware Show is continuing to accept nominations for its Reimangine Retail program through March 24.
Finalists will be provided transportation and hotel accommodations at the show, and the winner will be announced and awarded the grand prize of $100,000 during the show — on Wednesday, May 10.
See more contest details here.
A Bucket List for the Hardware Show
The National Hardware Show will open its doors in Las Vegas Tuesday May 9 to Thursday May 11. Show organizers have shared the following must see/must do list:
1. Inventors Spotlight: The place to find the newest products and inventions.
2. Tailgate, Backyard & BBQ: Including the Retailer Happy Hour on Tuesday and the Tailgate Party on Wednesday afternoon. And now featuring more outdoor living products.
3. NRHA Stage—stellar lineup of speakers with sessions taking place throughout the show providing valuable insights on a variety of industry topics including multi-channel retailing, the changing consumer, generational trends and more.
4. Reimagine Retail—we’ll be awarding the grand prize of $100,000 to the winner the Reimagine Retail program on the NRHA stage at 2:00pm on Wednesday, May 10. One independent home improvement retailer will be provided this grand prize for a business improvement project based on their response to “What would you do to improve your store with $100,000?”
5. New Product World – sponsored by DIY Network will showcase over 800 products that are new to the market having been launched within the past 12 months. New Product Launch – sponsored by Amazon will showcase 50+ products being launched at the show and never seen before.
NBMDA lends a hand to the Builders’ Show
The National Building Material Distribution Association signed on to support the fourth annual Design & Construction Week.
DCW will bring together more than 80,000 design and construction professionals in the largest gathering of the residential design and construction industry. Founding partners, the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) will co-locate the NAHB International Builders’ Show (IBS) and the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Orlando, Florida, January 10-12, 2017.
Members of NBMDA will receive discounted registration for the event, while the organization’s leaders will participate in the Design & Construction Week Executive Roundtable to discuss issues and trends in the US housing market and exchange ideas with other industry thought leaders.
“NBMDA is excited to participate and support DCW. This event provides our members the opportunity to network and learn the latest trends in the residential design and construction industry,” said Kevin Gammonley, NBMDA executive VP. “They will have access to relevant education in the industry and can return home with new connections from all different segments.”