HARDWARE STORES

Hardware stores, others, confront new Facebook

Social media marketers are learning a few new tricks now that Facebook is rolling out a new interface design called “Timeline."

They have to. Consider the following Facebook posting from Milton, Wis.-based Dave’s Ace Hardware about the new Timeline format offered by the social media network:

“I knew it was coming and it’s finally here. The Dave’s Ace Hardware page has been automatically converted to Timeline. What used to be my comfortable and familiar refuge has now been reduced to a foreign and stressful exercise. This is going to take me some time to get used to.”

For small businesses wondering how to make the most of the new format, Seth Lieberman, CEO of Pangea Media, offered several tips.

“Cover and profile photos, tabs and favorite apps, milestones and more must all be considered in order to maximize all that Facebook’s new Timeline layout offers,” Lieberman said.

The company’s web site offers tips for mareters at a post called “Top 5 things marketers should know about Facebook’s Timeline brand pages.”

Among them are:

• It’s not optional;
• Facebook pages look different;
• Private messaging is here; and
• Interaction is more important than ever.

Lieberman added the following general Facebook advice:  “News, humor, entertainment and insider insights grab your audience’s attention and motivate them to return for more. Simply pouring out post after post of advertising copy will mean losing fans and readership — people want to be engaged with the material, not spammed."

m.kumar says:
May-28-2012 05:55 am

exactly as per garmhel said
exactly as per garmhel said that facebook is indeed useful for all business everywhere on globe and is emerging as a very powerfull tool over internet.. facebook is the second most visited website n the world after google.

d.dantatpaltoo says:
May-19-2012 04:08 am

This topic is something that
This topic is something that I have been looking into for a while now and your insight is exceptional. Thanks for sharing this information. Peter

d.potts says:
May-16-2012 11:38 am

Implausible blog layout! How
Implausible blog layout! How overnight mortal you been blogging for? You urinate blogging countenance promiscuous. The boiler suit seem of your web situation is major, let unequaled the cognition! winterurlaub Österreich skiurlaub Österreich

r.price says:
May-16-2012 10:06 am

The group pointers tips are
The group pointers tips are perfect. It's my job to merrymaking brainstorming most knotty content lines. Sometimes it can be stringy, but we immediate seduction to do that which we staleness do - please our readers! arizona short sales | arizona short sale laws

r.levi says:
May-16-2012 09:11 am

I have been exploring for a
I have been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i am happy to convey that I’ve a very good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most certainly will make sure to do not forget this website and give it a glance regularly. Wholesale Jewelry

H.Garcis says:
May-12-2012 01:34 am

Facebook is indeed useful for
Facebook is indeed useful for all businesses everywhere in the globe. roof restoration

May-10-2012 10:23 am

Useful info.Nice discussion
Useful info.Nice discussion here,you are doing a great job. i was looking for this information. i found it on your page it's really amazing. I like that ativan dosage information. I am sure that these are your own views. They are really awesome.

T.Tecnotecnical says:
May-09-2012 03:49 am

Your article has a lot of
Your article has a lot of great information and it has really helped me with my paper for a class I am taking. Do you have any other posts about this topic? Legal News

l.liseyambamer says:
May-05-2012 05:33 am

As part of an assignment for
As part of an assignment for research I have to find an article with relevant information on this topic and give the teacher our opinion and the article. Your article helped me a lot. hotels in manali with tariff

i.intheendsers says:
May-04-2012 11:42 am

This post has helped me for
This post has helped me for an article which I am writing. Thank you for giving me another point of view on this topic. Now I can easily complete my article. Cheers order checks online

j.jumpertime420 says:
May-04-2012 10:40 am

There are a lot of blogs and
There are a lot of blogs and articles out there on this topic, but you have captured another side of the subject. This is good content thank you for sharing it. Raspberry ketones

m.metnopark says:
May-04-2012 08:41 am

Your knowledge of this
Your knowledge of this subject comes through clearly in this article. I love to read this kind of articles, I hope you will update it. Thank you for sharing it with me. barclays credit card

HARDWARE STORES

McLean’s Hardware holds a grand reopening

According to an article in The Leader of Traverse City, Mich., McLean’s Hardware of Kalkaska, Mich., will officially emerge from a major renovation this weekend.

The remodeling of the 45-year-old hardware store and rental center included new floors, new counters, paint, exterior signage and a rearrangement of shelving, fixtures and merchandise.

Owner Gene McLean told the newspaper that a survey of customers found that their most common recommendation was to increase store hours. As a result, the store no longer closes at 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Instead, as of April 9, it remains open from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays.

The store remodeling began in January.

HARDWARE STORES

Ace Hardware launches mobile app for Visa card

Ace Hardware is now offering its customers a mobile application, developed by U.S. Bank for the iPhone, to use for an Ace Rewards Visa credit card. The new Ace Rewards Visa App, downloadable at the iTunes store, gives customers the opportunity to apply for and receive, upon approval, immediate credit to start their shopping at participating Ace stores.

Qualified new cardholders receive a secure, virtual credit card via their iPhone. When the cardholders are ready to make a purchase, they simply hand their iPhone with the virtual card displayed to an Ace sales associate at checkout.

With every purchase, Ace Rewards Visa cardholders earn Ace Rewards points, receiving up to 5% back at Ace, 2% back on gas and groceries and 1% back everywhere else Visa is accepted. In addition, cardholders can earn up to 10% back on quarterly categories. Once 12,500 points are earned, cardholders receive a $25 reward redeemable at participating Ace stores.

The new app also features a link to Ace’s website, acehardware.com, to view products or find the nearest Ace Hardware store. Customers can also view their account balances, most recent transactions and make account payments.

d.dantatpaltoo says:
May-19-2012 04:00 am

Your article is very exciting
Your article is very exciting and informational. I am trying to decide on a career move and this has helped me with one aspect. Thank you so much! Steve

S.Agrawal says:
May-14-2012 02:01 pm

Does this card come with real
Does this card come with real numbers , a valid cvv and expiry date? I mean can it be used to make purchases at other places online besides Ace sales stores? the tablet news