Frigidaire gets compact with new laundry offering
Frigidaire has come up with a High-Efficiency Laundry Center for urban dwellers and those living in small spaces.
"We developed a compact laundry center that combines speed, capacity and strong cleaning performance for all consumers – especially those short on time, living in tight quarters," said John Weinstock, VP marketing. "Fifty-eight percent of consumers are frustrated that their laundry takes too long and the growing, urban population is driving people to smaller dwellings. Our laundry centers take the load off by fitting in more loads of laundry and are perfect for consumers needing to save floor space without sacrificing capacity."
The appliances are Energy Star-rated and are built to clean and dry clothes in 45 minutes using special features like their Quick Wash and Quick Dry cycles.
Though stacked for space-saving purposes, the machines contain 3.8 cubic feet of space, fitting three days' worth of laundry to wash and dry at once.
Some space is also freed up by the use of a flat rotating mechanism instead of an agitator.
Other features include a Refresh Cycle, Moisture Sensor, Timed Dry Cycle, and more.
Jeld-Wen offers door customization
Jeld-Wen is offering its customers increased customization with its new Tria composite doors, which is available in three design lines that include about 250 style options.
The line includes:
- C-Series: These doors are available in 120 designs and feature dramatic curves and intricate details.
- L-Series: The clean lines and flat-panel design of these doors are ideal for homes with a contemporary or craftsman style. Select from more than 25 design options that include doors with louvers, mirrors or glass inserts for homeowners seeking a chic touch and chalkboard and dry-erase panels for more functionality. State-of-the-art construction secures each panel in place, ensuring long-term durability and a clean appearance for years to come.
- R-Series: Contours, raised moldings and precision detailing offer a dramatic addition to rooms with an architectural flair. More than 100 designs offer the most substantial construction of the three Tria lines. These doors are perfect for spaces that see high traffic or noise, such as multifamily homes, hotels or commercial properties.
“MDF doors are the best-kept secret in the market," said Jim Parello, VP marketing for JELD-WEN. “They provide so many benefits, from functionality to style, and now we’ve made it easier than ever for customers to pick their favorite design and options to complement their interior design and decor.”
Jeld-Wen doors comply with the CARB (California Air Resources Board) Phase 2 standards for formaldehyde emissions and are made with a minimum of 70% pre-consumer recycled wood content.
Hy-Lite unveils privacy windows
Hy-Lite, a manufacturer of acrylic block, glass block and decorative glass windows, launched the new Home Designer Collection of decorative glass windows. The new collection features four privacy windows: Metro, Mission, Prairie and Baroque.
"This eclectic collection of fixed windows was inspired by members of our new Hy-Lite Designer Advisory Council," said Roger Murphy, president of Hy-Lite, a U.S. Block Windows Company. "Based on their input, we created designs that complement current styles in homes and interior furnishings across America. These windows solve the need for privacy, light and style in the home while serving to harmonize accents in a room."
Design styles include:
- Metro, which is inspired by modern architecture with clean lines and a progressive industry feel.
- Mission, which is constructed with silkscreened tempered privacy glass and clear diamond shapes on the interior.
- Prairie, which can complement a variety of home styles from traditional to contemporary.
- Baroque, which is inspired by classic and modern tile, this window provides a unique way to blend texture into a room.