EPA endorses 3M lead testing kits for drywall

A product linked to the Environmental Protection Agency’s lead paint rule has been approved for use on drywall and plaster.

The 3M LeadCheck Swabs, in compliance with the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule (RRP), are now recognized by the EPA for use on drywall and plaster.

The swaps are designed to turn red in the presence of lead and were the first commercially available lead test kit recognized by the EPA for use on painted wood and metal.

“We are hearing from contractors that they are pleased to have an easy, low-cost option that’s now recognized for use on drywall and plaster,” said Wade Bowman, brand manager, 3M Construction and Home Improvement Markets. “In just 30 seconds, the 3M LeadCheck Swabs turn red if lead is present. Now contractors can choose to do their testing with one simple test kit.”

To achieve the latest EPA recognition for drywall and plaster, 3M LeadCheck Swabs underwent a testing process, results of which were reviewed and approved by the EPA and took into account factors such as ease of use, toxicity of chemicals used, average cost and average time of kit operation as well as overall performance.

Since April 22, 2010, contractors performing renovation, repair and painting (RRP) projects in pre-1978 homes, schools and daycare facilities are required to be certified and follow lead-safe work practices. This EPA-issued RRP Rule is aimed at preventing lead poisoning. The rule continues to face opposition from industry groups.

d.dawandolsit says:
May-22-2012 10:15 am

This post has helped me to
This post has helped me to have another perspective. I am researching this topic for a paper I am writing. Your article provided me great insight of my topic. http://breakupquotes.info/quotes/hour-of-separation/

h.humbleystephn says:
May-18-2012 05:36 pm

Sometimes it is so hard to
Sometimes it is so hard to find good and useful posts out there when doing research. Now I will send it to my colleagues as well. Thank you for being one of them. Jim

Would you like to see the re-emergence of an association like the AHMA?

Dave & Buster’s hires former HD real estate exec

Dave & Buster’s, Inc., the chain of restaurant/entertainment outlets, has named John Mulleady as its senior VP development. In addition to overseeing all real estate and construction projects, Mulleady will lead the company’s expansion strategy, driving D&B’s growth into new and under-penetrated markets. Dave & Buster’s currently has 59 locations in the U.S. and Canada, and expects to open several more in the near future.

Mulleady has 23 years of development experience, most recently as VP real estate and construction at BJ’s Wholesale Club, where his duties included site identification, lease negotiation, design, permitting and construction. Prior to that, Mulleady was VP real estate and construction at Circuit City, developing more than 100 stores. Mulleady also worked for Wal-Mart International in Argentina and Home Depot in the United States, Argentina, Chile, and Mexico.

a.smith says:
May-10-2012 07:00 am

Helpful knowledge and really
Helpful knowledge and really well explained about topic of discussion. Great information about real estate, I will be back to read other. Keep on posting valuable information..Thank you so much for sharing. Event Permits New York

f.keskin says:
May-01-2012 01:17 pm

Arama Motoru Optimizasyonu
Arama Motoru Optimizasyonu seo, en temel anlamıyla; internette bulunan arama motorlarında sitenizi üst sıralarda yer almak için site içi ve site dışı yapılan iyileştirme çalışmaları olarakda söylenebilir. Bu çalışmalar siteler üzerinde farkedebiliyor, kurumsal siteler için, e-ticaret siteleri için ve bireysel siteler için farklı seo çalışmaları yapılabiliyor. kurumsal seo sitenizde yapacağınız kod değişiklikleri sonucu ve site dışı yapılacak işlemlerden sonra arama motorlarında konuya uygun olarak üst sıralarda yer almak için kullanılır

f.keskin says:
May-01-2012 12:38 pm

Logo Muhasebe programi, temel
Logo Muhasebe programi, temel olarak firmalarin ticari alacak verecek hesaplarini bir düzen içinde tutulmasini saglayan bir yazilimdir. Muhasebe diger adiyla cari hesap programlari gelistirilmeden önce bu bilgiler defterlerde tutulmaktaydi hem ciddi zaman kaybi olmakta hemde islemlerde hatalar cok fazla olusmaktaydi. Ticari Yazilimlarin zaman içinde gelismesi ile bu sorunlar ortadan kalkmistir.

Would you like to see the re-emergence of an association like the AHMA?

March retail sales trend upward

The U.S. Census Bureau announced Monday that advance estimates of U.S. retail and food services sales for March, adjusted for seasonal variation and holiday and trading-day differences, but not for price changes, were $411.1 billion, an increase of 0.8% from the previous month.

Compared with the same month last year, sales were up 6.5%.

Total sales for the January through March 2012 period were up 6.4% from the same period a year ago.

Sales for the building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers, a group that includes home centers and hardware stores, were $27.758 billion in March on an adjusted basis, up 3.0% from February.

Non-store retailers were up 9.3% from last year, according to the report.

t.troy55 says:
Feb-16-2013 08:19 am

It is imperative that we read
It is imperative that we read blog post very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing. Full Futurism Design Article

d.dantatpaltoo says:
May-19-2012 04:08 am

This post has helped me for
This post has helped me for an article which I am writing. Thank you for giving me another point of view on this topic. Now I can easily complete my article. Cheers Steve

r.levi says:
May-17-2012 08:17 am

Your article is compelling,
Your article is compelling, informative and very original. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your views and agree with you on some. I am a thinking reader that appreciates intelligent, unique and thought-provoking content like yours.Sterling Silver Jewelry

m.milbetterscot says:
May-15-2012 06:43 am

I am exploring this subject
I am exploring this subject as part of a report I need to do on possible careers I might choose. Thank you for your post it has valuable information on this topic. Samsung Nexus

h.hitpeoplezero says:
May-15-2012 05:49 am

I have been researching this
I have been researching this subject for a few days now for a report I am writing. Your post has been very helpful in this regard. Thanks for another great post. bid writing

May-10-2012 10:14 am

Thank you very much for posting and sharing this great article. It is so interesting. I want to know some other purchase facebook likes information about this site. So please give me this news quickly.

T.Tecnotecnical says:
May-09-2012 03:46 am

I have been curious about
I have been curious about this topic and decided to do some research. Your article has some useful information. Do you have any more on this subject? Legal Documents

h.happyqutoes11 says:
May-08-2012 04:26 am

This topic is something that
This topic is something that I have been looking into for a while now and your insight is exceptional. Thanks for sharing this information. My Favorite Poems

d.downtolzioo says:
May-06-2012 05:13 pm

As part of an assignment for
As part of an assignment for research I have to find an article with relevant information on this topic and give the teacher our opinion and the article. Your article helped me a lot. los angeles furniture

l.liseyambamer says:
May-05-2012 05:32 am

I am find information on this
I am find information on this topic as I am working on a business project. Thank you posting relative information and its now becoming easier to complete this project. budget hotels in manali

D.Norton says:
Apr-17-2012 09:58 pm

Hmmmmm, says the numbers are
Hmmmmm, says the numbers are not adjusted price changes. Wonder if this includes gasoline sales? Anybody know?

Would you like to see the re-emergence of an association like the AHMA?