LUMBERYARDS

DaVinci studies exterior product drivers

A study sponsored by DaVinci Roofscapes suggested that durability and longevity are top priorities in roof purchases, while color is an important factor considered by homeowners when replacing exterior building products.

The nationwide study of homeowners ages 40 and older with household incomes of $150,000 or more and who own a single-family home valued at $400,000 or more, found that homeowners are eager to select durable exterior products for the home that complement their personalities and that color is important to them when deciding to replace those exterior features.

Conducted by Harris Interactive between Nov. 22 and Dec. 13, 2011, the study established a benchmark for monitoring homeowners’ color attitudes and product opinions related to the exterior of the home.

When considering a new roof purchase, homeowners are far more interested in purchasing a roof that lasts than cutting corners by purchasing a low-cost product.

Durability was identified as the No. 1 factor when determining which new roof to purchase, followed closely by longevity. Key factors that received the most mentions as having “a lot” of influence in the decision on what type of roof to purchase include:

• Durability (88%)
• Longevity (83%)
• Low/no maintenance (72%)
• Resistance to weather (71%)
• Has a warranty (69%)
• Fire resistancy (57%)
• Material the roof is made of (55%)
• Price (50%)

Some of the other key findings of the survey include:

• A vast majority of homeowners (88%) across all regions of the country see the exterior of their homes as one entity and not a sum of its separate components.
• Color preference for exterior features on the home is driven mostly by homeowners’ individual sense of style (45%) and their desire to blend in with their surroundings (42%).
• One-third of surveyed homeowners (32%) indicated that they are restricted on the color palettes they are allowed to use on exterior features of their homes, usually by a homeowner association or by historical area requirements.
• Curb appeal is considered extremely/very important to higher-end homeowners, particularly those in the Northeast where one-third mentioned curb appeal as being “extremely important” to them.

“We were especially interested to learn what role color plays in the homeowner’s mind when planning for major home improvement projects,” said Ray Rosewall, CEO and president of DaVinci Roofscapes. “What we discovered is that color does play an important role when deciding to replace exterior features. In addition, color availability from manufacturers for different exterior features plays a role in what brand a homeowner will purchase.”

How much credit should be given to the co-op business model for the success of the independent hardware and building supply dealer over the last half century?
LUMBERYARDS

ENAP opens southern sales office

ENAP, the New Windsor, N.Y.-based LBM co-op, has announced the opening of a sales office in Monroe, La. The new office is part of ENAP’s regional growth strategy as the organization continues to expand its membership base in the South and into the Southwest. ENAP has hired industry veteran Robert Carson as VP business development to direct staff and operations in the region.

Carson spent 30 years with Allied Building Stores. “He’s already signed a deal in Texas,” ENAP president Stephen Sallah told Home Channel News. Tuttle Lumber in San Marcos, Texas, has joined the co-op, where “the membership has been very supportive of this [expansion],” Sallah said. “They want us to grow.”

David Sutherland, chairman of the ENAP board, said in a prepared statement: “We will build upon our success in the South and expand our capabilities and membership in the South and Southwest. We feel strongly that our value proposition of buying power, strong customer service and transparency will resonate with independent lumber dealers.”

Founded in 1967, ENAP is a lumber and building materials cooperative that serves independent LBM dealers nationwide.

T.smith says:
May-05-2012 03:07 pm

This is a great inspiring
This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. kefir grains for sale

w.robert says:
May-01-2012 05:06 am

this operation will give a
this operation will give a best result in the improvement of business growth. Hindi Movies

x.xiu says:
Apr-17-2012 06:05 am

I really like your way of
I really like your way of expressing the opinions and sharing the information. It is good to move as chance bring new things in life, paves the way for advancement, etc.1z0-047//1z0-050//1z0-051//1z0-052//1z0-053//1z0-055

x.xiu says:
Apr-17-2012 06:04 am

Thanks for sharing this
Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your way of expressing the opinions and sharing the information. It is good to move as chance bring new things in life, paves the way for advancement, etc. But it is well known to everyone that moving to new location with bulk of goods is not an easy task to move or shift from one place to other place because I have experienced about that and I face the problem like that. There I go to village near to my city faced that problem there.70-668//70-685//70-686//1z0-007//1z0-042//1z0-043

x.xiu says:
Apr-17-2012 06:04 am

Really excellent content…The
Really excellent content…The management have a great information.. I expect you post once more soon. I am very satisfied to leave a comment on this blog out there who put out really sincere information...Thanks admin70-646//70-647//70-649//70-659//70-662//70-667

x.xiu says:
Apr-17-2012 06:03 am

I used to be more than happy
I used to be more than happy to seek out this internet-site.I wanted to thanks in your time for this glorious read!! I positively enjoying each little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you weblog post.117-202//117-301//70-270//70-290//70-291//70-432

x.xiu says:
Apr-17-2012 06:02 am

Your site is good Actually, i
Your site is good Actually, i have seen your post and That was very informative and very helpfull for me. Thanks for posting Really Such Things. I should recommend your site to my friends. CheersJN0-332//JN0-360//JN0-522//JN0-532//JN0-541//JN0-562

x.xiu says:
Apr-17-2012 06:01 am

Really your post is really
Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it. You write very well which is amazing. I really impressed by your post.000-153//000-221//000-280//000-955//000-968//000-969

f.keskin says:
Apr-09-2012 01:23 pm

avon nisan kataloğu 2012
avon nisan kataloğu 2012 ürünlerine avon avon mayıs kataloğu 2012 sosyal paylaşım ağlarında oluşmuş gruplardan da ulaşmak mümkündür. Her yeni Avon katalog yeni fırsatlarla geldiğinden sayıları takip etmek kampanyaları kaçırmamak için faydalı olacaktır.

f.work says:
Apr-05-2012 11:10 am

This is really great post,
This is really great post, I'm Thanks to author for the post, I was looking for it since for a while. peakgenius.com

h.latha says:
Mar-31-2012 10:33 am

A very informative article
A very informative article and lots of really honest and forthright comments made ! This certainly got me thinking about this issue, thanks all. warehouse dresses

Mar-17-2012 08:07 pm

Wow! I really appreciate the
Wow! I really appreciate the thought that you put into this article. This topic has been something I have been looking into for a few hours and your post is one of the best I have read. Childrens Girl Dresses

Q.420 says:
Mar-17-2012 06:34 am

I have found this article
I have found this article very exciting. Do you have any others on this topic? I am also sending it to my friend to enjoy your writing style. Thanks Promotional Pen

Mar-16-2012 03:57 pm

I enjoyed reading your
I enjoyed reading your article and found it to be informative and to the point. Thank you for not rambling on and on just to fill the page. web application development companies

b.420 says:
Mar-14-2012 06:02 am

I am find information on this
I am find information on this topic as I am working on a business project. Thank you posting relative information and its now becoming easier to complete this project. public speaking training

d.jones says:
Feb-29-2012 08:02 am

Glorious read, I just passed
Glorious read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on that. And he actually purchased me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that:Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good source like this.flood cleanup Des Moines IA

j.king says:
Feb-26-2012 07:18 pm

I am glad to see this great
I am glad to see this great office here. You are able to get so much from this in the future. I see so many very happy with it. Botox Ottawa

h.latha says:
Feb-20-2012 04:28 am

I wanted to thank you for
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Mold Testing

LUMBERYARDS

Weyerhaeuser aids building material take-offs with Estima

Federal Way, Wash.-based Weyerhaeuser has unveiled its Estima software and services, which help building material dealers improve the accuracy and thoroughness of their take-offs for structural framing products.

With Estima, dealers can develop consistent and clear material estimates, saving time and money. A dealer’s technical staff can set up profiles for individual customers, separate yard locations and automatically incorporate other details into estimates.

“Weyerhaeuser Distribution works closely with building material dealers to help them do their jobs easier and be a valued resource to their builder customers,” said Nate Jorgensen, VP Ddistribution for Weyerhaeuser. “Getting the take-off right often makes the difference between whether a job is profitable or not for the dealer. Estima software and services provide dealers with a better way to manage material lists, and speed up the take-off process. The tools also help reduce short-load orders, saving time and money on deliveries, while improving customer satisfaction.”

Weyerhaeuser serves the residential, multi-family and light commercial construction sectors from 30 facilities. Weyerhaeuser Distribution carries Weyerhaeuser and Trus Joist-branded structural frame products, along with specialty building products, including siding and trim, insulation and housewrap, steel concrete reinforcing materials, plywood, OSB, cedar products and a range of customized regional product offerings.

T.smith says:
May-10-2012 02:11 pm

This is highly informatics,
This is highly informatics, crisp and clear. I think that Everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things. topfashionshades.com

j.makibao says:
May-09-2012 04:53 am

Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! I've been looking for books of this nature for a way too long. I'm just glad that I found yours. Looking forward for your next post. Thanks dude susu kolostrum

Q.Qassert56 says:
Apr-30-2012 07:15 am

I am exploring this subject
I am exploring this subject as part of a report I need to do on possible careers I might choose. Thank you for your post it has valuable information on this topic. Christmas decorations

PaulTurnerAol says:
Apr-24-2012 01:23 pm

I am looking for vanities
I am looking for vanities furniture for my house in Pasadena. We just started changing the bathroom furniture and also we want to insulate the walls. I don't know too many things about Weyerhaeuser, but I am interested to know what prices they have. Thank you very much.

M.Costea says:
Mar-27-2012 11:57 am

Anyone knows a good dumpster
Anyone knows a good dumpster rental company close to Tucson? I was looking everywhere in the local newspaper but I didn't find anything until now. Thank you guys.

annaparker says:
Mar-19-2012 02:13 pm

I am not a dealer, but this
I am not a dealer, but this software seems to be a very good one, specially for building material dealers. Actually I was searching for some materials that can help me to renovate my home. A junk removal framingham company helped me to get rid of things I didn't need anymore and now I am ready to move to the next step. Do you think that Weyerhaeuser Distribution can help me?

P.Vessey says:
Mar-19-2012 04:59 am

I think Estima would really
I think Estima would really help material dealers gauge the amount of materials for the structural framing products. Even contractors are able to estimate how much material they need without going overboard. http://www.remedial.com.au

l.420 says:
Mar-18-2012 05:19 pm

Your approach to this topic
Your approach to this topic is unique and informative. I am writing an article for our school paper and this post has helped me. Thanks. Business Casual

Q.420 says:
Mar-17-2012 07:03 am

I am exploring this topic for
I am exploring this topic for a report I have to write. You have good content and I would like to know if you have any other posts about this? College Basketball Selections

Mar-16-2012 04:21 pm

I am find information on this
I am find information on this topic as I am working on a business project. Thank you posting relative information and its now becoming easier to complete this project. DJ service Arlington VA

h.latha says: