Cool Minder introduces fan reverser for tractors
Designed to keep utility vehicle radiators free of dust and debris, the ProManPTO Cool Minder fan reverser for the John Deere Gator has brand-specific connectors allowing for easy use.
When the thermostat starts the Gator’s cooling fan, Cool Minder automatically reverses the fan’s direction for several seconds to blow out debris and dust build-up on the radiator. Then the program winds the fan down to a stop and reverses the fan to continue through its normal cooling cycle for a number of minutes.
Other brand-specific Cool Minder fan reversers are available currently for the majority of Polaris, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki ATVs and UTVs. They will be available for other brands and mowers "soon," the company said.
PRO Group and Distribution America kick off annual meeting
Marco Island, Fla. — Home improvement product buyers and sellers are taking care of business here at the 10th annual PRO Group and Distribution America Executive Planning Conference.
The event brings together the nation’s top suppliers and distributors serving the independent home improvement industry. Event organizers calculate that a total of 2,791 business meetings will take place over two days, with each distributor conducting one-on-one meetings with key manufacturers.
Attendance is up, and so is optimism, organizers said.
“Business conditions are certainly stronger than they were going into last year’s Executive Planning Conference,” said Dave Christmas, president of Distribution America. “The conference is well-timed as we look toward continued growth in 2014 and beyond.”
The Executive Planning Conference is celebrating its tenth anniversary of being hosted jointly by PRO Group and Distribution America.
“Participants tell us it is by far the best use of their time all year,” said Steve Synnott, president and CEO of PRO Group. “They don’t talk about football or the weather in these meetings. They talk about features and advantages of products, trends and what is important to the distributors. At the end of each 20 minute meeting, distributors walk away with a clear plan with that supplier for the coming year.”
Synnott and Christmas see increased growth in the new year and anticipate the continuation of trends from 2013. "Our distributor members are seeing an increase in overall business conditions and they are gaining market share,” said Christmas. “We anticipate that continuing in 2014.”
Makita expands 18V lithium-ion lineup
La Mirada, Calif.-based Makita offered a preview of new products in its production pipeline, including circular saws, brushless driver-drills and compact band saws.
The company’s preview, announced today, includes:
•18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36V) 7-1/4" Circular Saw (XSH01Z tool only). With a 7-1/4" blade, the XSH01Z is designed for framers, roofers, remodelers, masons and more. (Coming winter 2014.)
• 18V LXT BL Brushless Lithium-Ion ½" Hammer Driver-Drill (XPH07) and XPH07Z (tool only). Positioned at the top of Makita’s deep line-up of driver-drills, the XPH07 is a workhorse tool for the most demanding drilling and driving applications. (Coming summer 2014.)
• 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Portable Band Saw Kit (XBP01) and XPB01Z (tool only). Offers faster cutting speed and 2-1/2" capacity in a more compact size, with the fastest charge time. (Coming spring 2014.)
• 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Recipro Saw Kit (XRJ01) and XRJ01 Z (tool only). Provides the convenience of "tool-less" blade changes and a fast charge time. (Coming spring 2014.)
• 18V LXT Lithium-Ion BL Brushless 1/2" Hammer Driver-Drill (XPH06) and XPH06Z (tool only). Includes Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) for increased resistance to dust and moisture that are found on all jobsites. (Coming in winter 2014.) Available now in a combo kit (18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless 2-Pc Combo Kit, XT248, which includes XPH06Z and XDT08Z Impact Driver).
• 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4.0 Ah Battery (BL1840). The Makita 4.0 Ah battery provides contractors with longer run time and delivers a category-leading charge time, the company claims. (Coming summer 2014.)