LUMBERYARDS

Chinese exhibitors coming to Builders’ Show

The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and a Chinese trade group have signed a major exhibition agreement that will bring a large number of additional manufacturers and products to the annual NAHB International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas in January 2013.

A formal signing ceremony was held April 19 in Foshan, China, between officials from the China Building Ceramics & Sanitaryware Association and NAHB’s immediate past chairman Bob Nielsen, a home builder and developer in Reno, Nev., and Mark Pursell, NAHB senior VP for exhibitions, marketing and sales.

The Chinese vendors are primarily manufacturers of kitchen and bathroom fixtures, tile finishes and other related products for the residential construction industry.

The two NAHB leaders also gave presentations to the China Hardware Association, the China Real Estate Chamber of Commerce and to Beijing Helivue, NAHB’s trade representative in China.

C.Gwilt says:
May-25-2012 05:28 am

With the dip in the overall
With the dip in the overall global real estate business it presents buyers with a great chance to purchase property at attractive pricing. China and India along with other Asian countries are great markets to invest in.

a.rebel says:
May-21-2012 11:41 am

The Island vendors, are
The Island vendors, are primarily manufacturers of kitchen and bathroom fixtures, tile finishes and separate accompanying products for the residential construction industry.156-215.75 dumps||642-359 dumps

m.sagell says:
May-18-2012 08:41 am

I have been in look for of
I have been in look for of some information about it almost three time. You served me a lot indeed and analyzing this your publish I have found many new and useful information about this topic. Kisz Construction Atlanta

j.free says:
May-17-2012 10:42 am

I am glad to see that people
I am glad to see that people are actually writing about this issue in such a smart way, showing us all different sides to it. You did a great job by picking up this topic. Please keep it up. I cant wait to read whats next.African mango Reviews

May-17-2012 06:47 am

This is a great inspiring
This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful online drivers education information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post...

M.Wallbergg says:
May-15-2012 02:39 pm

A formal signing ceremony was
A formal signing ceremony was held April 19 in Foshan, China, between officials from the China Building Ceramics & Sanitaryware Association and NAHB's immediate past chairman Bob Nielsen, a home builder and developer in Reno, Nev., and Mark Pursell, NAHB senior VP for exhibitions, marketing and sales. mallorca property

b.bestowadeel says:
May-14-2012 12:18 pm

This article is very
This article is very interesting, sharing is a wise choice, would like to see more about your article. Its a nice topic.Event Security London | Security Companies London

l.smy says:
May-14-2012 07:24 am

I am in this domain. I am
I am in this domain. I am sure that somehow we will see improvements in this area. It is impossible to be ignored! yacht charter

c.bestor says:
May-13-2012 08:21 am

I really have enjoyed this
I really have enjoyed this great article. This was so much fun to read. I really do appreciate all of this information so much. This was really great. the LG Optimus 2X review

May-09-2012 05:47 am

Sometimes it is very hard to
Sometimes it is very hard to find good content on this topic. But your blog is my way to desired information, my problem is solved now. Thanks for posting special education Teacher salary something worth reading.

c.bestor says:
May-08-2012 01:36 pm

Nice discussion here,you are
Nice discussion here,you are doing a great job. i was looking for this information. i found it on your page it's really amazing. I like that information. I am sure that these are your own views. properties in bulgaria

j.lover says:
May-04-2012 08:19 am

I am have been studying this
I am have been studying this topic for a long time. You have provided great information in you post and some things I have not seen in other content I have read by others. The College Network

D.Norton says:
Apr-26-2012 10:01 pm

Nice, maybe they'll bring
Nice, maybe they'll bring some dry wall with them:-)

How much credit should be given to the co-op business model for the success of the independent hardware and building supply dealer over the last half century?
LUMBERYARDS

Sales jump during Q1 at Builders FirstSource

Dallas-based pro dealer Builders FirstSource reported sales of $219.4 million for the first quarter of 2012, an increase of 34.7% compared with the same quarter of 2011. The increase was primarily due to increased sales volume as commodity prices for lumber and lumber sheet goods were, on average, comparable over these same periods, according to the company.

Net loss for the first quarter, which ended March 31, 2012, was $19.2 million, compared with a net loss of $21.2 million in the corresponding quarter a year ago.

“This marks our third consecutive quarter with year-over-year sales growth greater than 20%,” said Builders FirstSource CEO Floyd Sherman. “Our sales growth continues to outpace construction activity as actual U.S. single-family housing starts. Commodity lumber prices for the current quarter were, on average, relatively consistent with those during the first quarter of 2011. When combined, these factors indicate we continue to achieve significant market share gains.”

“We are very encouraged by our first-quarter results and expect the momentum we have gained to continue to reflect positively on our 2012 financial results,” Sherman continued. “We remain optimistic about the long-term health of our industry and our ability to position the company to take advantage of further improvements in housing. The recently announced opening of our Jarrell, Texas, distribution facility and our entry into the greater Austin market is a perfect example of our optimism and positioning of the company for continued growth.”

Builders FirstSource operates 52 distribution centers and 44 manufacturing facilities in nine states, principally in the southern and eastern United States.

d.dantatpaltoo says:
May-19-2012 04:01 am

This topic has always
This topic has always fascinated me. Thank you for writing an article that has great content and is well written. Well I am inspired by your writing style. Jim

K.Wilson says:
May-03-2012 05:47 am

This is so interesting to
This is so interesting to read this article. The website is so wonderful. At each moment it was surprising.Live Chat Services|Live Customer Support|Live Support Software

LUMBERYARDS

Remodeling expected to rise almost 6%

Spending on renovations should experience “healthy growth” in 2012, according to the Remodeling Futures Program at the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University. In their quarterly forecast, called the Leading Indicator of Remodeling Activity (LIRA), the researchers pointed to stronger pending home sales and continuing low interest rates as contributors to an expected 5.9% rise in spending on home remodeling projects this year.

“Hopefully, we’re finally moving beyond simple volatility in the home improvement spending numbers to a period of sustained growth,” said Eric Belsky, managing director of the Joint Center.  “The recent upturn we’ve seen in home sales should translate into more remodeling activity later this year.”

Kermit Baker, director of the Remodeling Futures Program at the Joint Center, added: “Unusually mild weather this past winter in many parts of the country accelerated the pace of homebuilding and home improvement activity. This may produce a brief pause in remodeling activity this quarter, but then a strengthening economy should provide a foundation for continued growth moving forward.”

r.rendommotion11 says:
May-19-2012 06:06 am

I am exploring this topic for
I am exploring this topic for a report I have to write. You have good content and I would like to know if you have any other posts about this? Greg