Best e-gifts? Safe Electricity makes suggestions
Safe Electricity, an Energy Education Council organization, has put out its list of top five safety-oriented gift picks for the year, encouraging retailers to stock their shelves with pragmatic products this holiday season.
"The holidays are a time to let people know how much you care about them," said Molly Hall, executive director of the Energy Education Council and its Safe Electricity program. "A practical gift that helps keep loved ones safe continues to say ‘I care about you’ long after the holidays."
The non-brand-specific list includes:
- Appliance timers with safety turn-offs for those with a habit of leaving hot appliances on
- Portable/extension cord GFCIs for detecting and preventing shocks
- Tamper-resistant outlets or outlet plugs to protect young children
- Non-contact voltage testers that can detect the presence of voltage without the need to touch any bare wires
- Power/smart strips to help prevent surges and fires
YLighting launches new corporate brand
Online-led lighting retailer YLighting has launched a new corporate brand, YDesign Group, to reflect the expansion of its business to include furnishings and decorative plumbing.
"This move caps a particularly strong year for us and we couldn’t be more excited about it," said YDesign Group CEO Sean Callahan. "With YLighting and YLiving, along with our recent entrance into the decorative plumbing category, we have a growing range of assortment and design services. Our corporate brand now better reflects our company’s purpose of helping people bring great design into the spaces they work, live, and play."
YLighting was founded in 2001 and has since retailed the designs of international brands like Artemide, FLOS, Nelson Bubble Lamps and Louis Poulsen.
In 2008, YLiving cemented its position in the modern furniture market, retailing brands like Herman Miller, Knoll and Kartell.