Appeals court delays union poster

A decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia (D.C.) Circuit Court has delayed a new rule — set to take effect April 30 — that required workplaces to post right-to-organize notices.

To be in compliance with the new rule, private employers will have to post an 11-by-17-in. notice regarding employee rights to unionize under the National Labor Relations Act. The requirement was set by the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).

A U.S. District Court for South Carolina disagreed, stating that the NLRB does not have the statutory authority to require business owners to post this notice. A District Court in D.C. found the NLRB rule acceptable, but limited how the agency could enforce it.

Both lower courts, along with the NLRB and private employers, will now await a final decision from the Washington, D.C., appellate court.

“This ruling is a big win for NLBMDA members, and we are pleased the courts recognized the administration exceeded its authority regarding the union poster rule," said Michael O’Brien, president and CEO of National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association (NLBMDA). "I hope the decision by the D.C. Circuit will help the NLRB strike a better balance between the rights of employers and unions."

h.hudgefunndy says:
May-24-2012 06:40 am

I am writing a research paper
I am writing a research paper and collecting information on this topic. Your post is one of the better that I have read. Thank you for putting this information into one location. hedge fund returns

w.seo says:
May-23-2012 06:33 am

Nice Information! I
Nice Information! I personally really appreciate your article. This is a great website. I will make sure that I stop back again! Honeymoon Trips | Mussoorie Trip | Kozhikode Kerala | Binsar Almora |Honeymoon Trip Newzealand | SKYDIVE Newzealand | Honeymoon Trip | Chakrata | TAJ MAHAL Tour | Bhangarh | Rajasthan Trip

M.xon says:
May-23-2012 04:12 am

I really liked your blog
I really liked your blog quite informative and interesting facts and figures you have discussed on your blog even the Traffic school online comments are very fruitful and helpful in enhancing the knowledge regarding the topic

l.smy says:
May-22-2012 10:15 am

Like you said in the article:
Like you said in the article: that was a big win and let's hope that we will see improvements, too. Mallorca property

b.bakwasgustak says:
May-22-2012 05:44 am

This article has some great
This article has some great and useful information about this subject. Thank you for sharing it in an easy to read and understandable format. לוטון לונדון

d.dantatpaltoo says:
May-19-2012 04:02 am

I am writing a research paper
I am writing a research paper and collecting information on this topic. Your post is one of the better that I have read. Thank you for putting this information into one location. Mike

May-09-2012 05:48 am

This is a terrific article,
This is a terrific article, and I would like more information if you have any. I am fascinated with this special education Teacher salary topic and your post has been one of the best I have read.

May-05-2012 08:26 am

This is a terrific article,
This is a terrific article, and I would like more information if you have any. I am fascinated with this special education teacher topic and your post has been one of the best I have read.

D.Norton says:
Apr-19-2012 03:31 pm

The NLRB will continue to
The NLRB will continue to push pro union policies like this if we get another four years of our current leadership. How's that hopey/changy thing workin for ya?

Oldcastle makes Texas acquisition

Bonsal American, an Oldcastle company, has purchased the TXI package products business of TXI Operations, a subsidiary of Texas Industries. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.

Based in Dallas, TXI Package Products is comprised of five Texas manufacturing facilities located around three major markets: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston and Austin/San Antonio. TXI sells a mix of bagged products, including dry mix concrete, cement, bulk mortar and private-label products through large and independent retailers, building materials distributors and commercial masonry distributors/contractors.

As a result of the deal, Bonsal American will acquire the Sakrete license for the state of Texas, ownership of the Maximizer brand of lightweight concrete mixes and TXI’s preblended masonry business, which will be converted to Bonsal American’s Amerimix brand.

Charlotte, N.C.-based Bonsal American will also enter into a licensing agreement to be a packager and seller of TXI-bagged cement in the Texas market.

TXI Package Products will operate as a separate region within Bonsal American. There will be no change to either personnel or mix designs for any of the products and brands. Quality products and service will remain at the forefront of the business priorities, and customers can expect the same sales team to serve their accounts.

"The Texas market is one of the largest and fastest growing markets in the country. We are excited to have TXI Packaged Products as part of the Bonsal American organization," said David Maske, the company president.

MBA forecasts gains in home sales

Arlington, Va. — During the Home Improvement Research Institute Spring Conference, the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) forecast a 2.3% gain in 2012 existing home sales.

In a “Mortgage Market Outlook” presentation, Mike Fratantoni, VP of single-family research for the MBA pointed to the 2012 forecast of 4.391 million existing home sales, up 2.3% from 2010. The forecast for 2013 is for 4.646 million.

Fratantoni explained to the conference attendees, mostly home improvement research and marketing professionals, that the U.S. economy seemed to be on the path to a self-sustaining recovery, an assessment he qualified with a “but” and an “and.”

“The ‘but’ is that the U.S. economy is more impacted by global events than we ever have been,” Fratantoni said. Greece and pain cause concern. But what really keeps him up at night is the idea of “difficulties with Iran and the potential spike in oil prices.”

The MBA also forecast 324,000 new home sales, up from 303,000 in 2010. For 2013, the new home sales forecast is for 395,000.

r.robbinebones says:
May-17-2012 07:18 am

I am doing a report on this
I am doing a report on this subject. Your article is full of really useful information. I will make sure to come back to check out your posts for my next report. Cheers http://www.bestbirthdaywishes.com/birthday-wishes/sweet-birthday-wishes-for-him/