Alleged shoplifter used flare gun
Canadian Mounties have arrested a woman who allegedly used a flare gun in an attempt to steal more than $1,000 worth of merchandise from a Canadian Tire store in Courtenay, British Columbia.
According to an article in the Nanaimo Daily News, Mandy Lynn Bouzane was accused of threatening to kill a store employee by shoving a loaded flare gun in the store worker’s stomach in a Nov. 3 incident. Another employee who tried to intervene was bitten by the suspect, police said. Bouzane, who remains in custody, was charged with robbery using a firearm and assault.
DriTac promotes executive
Flooring products supplier DriTac has announced the promotion of Larry Scott to VP field technical services.
As technical director for DriTac, Scott has become a recognized industry expert in flooring, adhesives, proper substrate preparation, moisture-control systems and installation methods. Prior to joining DriTac in 1999, Scott owned his own flooring installation company. Responsible for multiple crews, he supervised flooring installations of all kinds for more than 30 years. Scott has built long-standing relationships in the flooring industry and often provides consultation and installation training to major flooring contractors nationwide.
Founded more than 55 years ago, DriTac Flooring Products supplies flooring adhesives from coast to coast through more than 100 distributors and in warehouses, including Clifton, N.J.; Dalton, Ga.; City of Commerce, Calif.; and Dallas.
Lowe’s recalls gas grills
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Lowe’s, has recalled approximately 37,000 Master Forge gas grills due to potential fire and burn hazards. The products were made by Guangdong Vanward Electric of China and imported by LG Sourcing, of North Wilkesboro, N.C.
If improperly installed, the hose connecting the gas tank and regulator to the burner control can touch the burner box and cause the hose to melt and rupture when the grill is lit. This poses a fire and burn hazard.
No injuries have been reported, but there have been two incidents of hoses melting and rupturing.
The product, a four-burner grill with a single-door base, was sold exclusively at Lowe’s nationwide from November 2011 through May 2012 for about $270.
According to the recall announcement, consumers should immediately stop using the grill and inspect it to make sure that the gas hose runs along the outside of the grill cabinet and passes through the round hole in the side panel. Consumers should contact Guangdong Vanward Electric for revised instructions and a warning label to apply to the grill that shows how to properly install the hose and the regulator. More information can be obtain by visiting the recall website.