ABC Supply adds Bradco execs to Southeast division
ABC Supply, the industry’s largest distributor of roofing, siding and other exterior products, has announced that eight former Bradco associates have joined ABC Supply’s Southeast region team.
ABC Supply acquired Bradco Supply in June 2010. ABC’s Southeast division includes nearly 100 stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
The new ABC Supply associates and their assignments are:
• Brad Baker, residential sales account executive, ABC Supply region staff: Formerly Baker was Southeast regional sales manager for Bradco.
• Marc Kalman, business manager for metal products, ABC Supply region staff: Formerly Kalman was responsible for Bradco’s metal sales in Florida.
• Frank Marccocio, commercial sales account executive, region staff: Previously he served as Bradco’s regional manager for Alabama and Georgia.
• Bob Landrum, district manager, new Central Florida district: He had been Bradco’s regional manager in Florida.
• Kim Burns, Florida tile product manager: Previously she had managed Bradco’s Tile Center in Ft. Lauderdale.
• Drew Denick, Florida specialty products manager: He had been Bradco’s regional specialty products manager in Florida.
• Ray Milewski, Florida commercial customer relations manager: He had been a regional manager for Bradco.
• Jack Morgan, Florida residential product manager: Formerly Morgan had been Bradco’s regional sales manager for Florida.
Headquartered in Beloit, Wis., ABC Supply operates more than 450 branches in 44 states.
Sales slip at Huttig Building Products
Huttig Building Products, the St. Louis-based distributor, reported net sales of $99.5 million for the quarter that ended March 31, 2011, approximately 3.9% lower than the same quarter in 2010. Sales declined in both the millwork and building products categories but increased in the wood product category in 2011 from 2010. Millwork sales decreased approximately 8% in 2011 to $47.3 million. Building product sales decreased approximately 1% in 2011 to $40.8 million. Wood products sales increased approximately 6% to $11.4 million in 2011.
The company posted a net loss of $6.7 million for the quarter, compared with a loss of $5.8 million in the corresponding quarter of 2010.
Huttig is a two-step distributor of lumber, panels, decking, windows, doors, fasteners and other building materials. It operates through 27 distribution centers serving 41 states and sells primarily to building materials dealers, national buying groups, home centers and industrial users, including makers of manufactured homes.
I CAN SEE WHY SALES ARE DOWN
I CAN SEE WHY SALES ARE DOWN IN MILLWORK AND BUILDING PRODUCTS MAYBE THEY SHOULD LOOK CLOSELY AT WHAT THEY WANT TO CONVAY TO CLIENTS
NLBMDA’s Stine takes job with Stine Lumber
Jeremy Stine, the current manager of government and public affairs for the National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association (NLBMDA), is leaving the association to take a marketing position at Stine Lumber.
Sulphur, La.-based Stine Lumber operates 13 locations in Louisiana, and is owned and operated by the Stine family.
At the NLBMDA, Jeremy Stine helped promote legislation to benefit lumberyard and building material dealers. He also wrote the "D.C. Hotline" column for Home Channel News. His new position with his family company begins May 3.
"Jeremy has brought a lot to the association over the past couple years, including increasing our presence on Capitol Hill, managing our grassroots alerts, the NLBMDA website, the NLBMDA e-updates, green updates and press releases," said Michael O’Brien, NLBMDA president and CEO. "He’s also had to attend one too many deadly congressional fundraisers. He has played key roles on such issues as the EPA Lead Rule, 1099, and Homestar, among others. He will be missed, but I’m sure he will have a bright future in the industry and politics."
No comments found