2011 Golden Hammer Retail Award Panel

Craig Cowart of Marvin’s Home Centers describes "aggressive" customer service.

Golden Hammer Vendor winners: Home decor

From ballots sent out electronically earlier this year, Home Channel News received a record number of votes for Golden Hammer Winners, producing 32 winners in four categories. The Home Decor category — subdivided into seven sub-categories, produced the following winners:

• Decorative Hardware & Locksets – Kwikset

• Decorative Lighting & Fixtures – Cooper Lighting (regent)

• Fashion Fixtures – Kohler

• Home Organization – Newell Rubbermaid

• Major Appliances – Whirlpool

• Paint Wall Treatments & Stains – Valspar

• Small Appliances – KitchenAid

The Golden Hammer Awards ceremony took place at the National Hardware Show in Las Vegas May 11.

b.bust says:
May-18-2012 11:56 am

I discovered your weblog site
I discovered your weblog site on google and check a number of of your early posts. Continue to keep up the excellent operate. I simply further up your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader. Searching for ahead to reading more from you later on!? Water Damage Ocala FL

r.steve says:
Apr-13-2012 11:35 am

The general contractor
The general contractor oversees a home improvement project that involves multiple trades. A general contractor acts as project manager, providing access to the site, removing debris, coordinating work schedules, and performing some aspects of the work. Water Damage The Colony TX

g.josh says:
Apr-06-2012 01:56 pm

I believe there's an app for
I believe there's an app for that. I think most of us tend to forget our medicines most of the time, it takes an outsider to remind us of it. That could not be very good for us, these things are scheduled for a reason.Water Damage Fox Chapel PA

g.josh says:
Apr-05-2012 04:29 pm

I would consider leaving the
I would consider leaving the main part of the railroad in place less the rolling stock - and I might even consider leaving some / all of the structures. When you consider the amount of work to remove absolutely everything I may be convinced to leave some in place IF the price is right.Flood damage Rochester NY

g.josh says:
Apr-05-2012 11:34 am

I am definitely wanting a new
I am definitely wanting a new couch! The one we have is not my first choice but it is definitely super comfy so it is hard to give up! I would love something a little more sleek and more grey in color tone. Flood Damage Long Island

b.jim says:
Mar-21-2012 03:12 am

The general contractor
The general contractor oversees a home improvement project that involves multiple trades. A general contractor acts as project manager, providing access to the site, removing debris, coordinating work schedules, and performing some aspects of the work. Cleveland water damage

“Swipe-fee” relief avoids delay in Senate

Retail associations are celebrating the defeat of a measure that would have delayed new rules governing "swipe fees" for certain card transactions at the retail point of sale.

The National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association was among those applauding the defeat of a proposal by Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.) and Sen. Bob Corker (R.-Tenn.).

"Out-of-control swipe fees on transactions have been yet another cost burden on building material dealers who are struggling to remain afloat in this housing recession," said Scott Lynch, NLBMDA executive VP. "We are pleased that the Senate wisely chose not to further delay this much-needed relief."

The Food Marketing Institute’s senior VP government relations, Jennifer Hatcher, called the delay proposal a move that would have been bad for business. "The Tester-Corker language [would have removed] any guarantee that Main Street America will ever see relief from rising debit card swipe fees, and we hope our U.S. senators will recognize this when the Tester-Corker amendment vote is called," Hatcher said. The amendment, which would have delayed new swipe-fee rules by 12 months, was defeated by a vote of 54-45, with a 60-vote super majority needed for passage

As it stands, more retailer-friendly swipe-fee rules will go into effect July 21. The Federal Reserve Board plans to limit fees to 2% of the transaction for small banks and financial institutions, and a flat 12-cent cap for the largest banks. The NLBMDA said it supports the new rules, describing them "as an important move to reign in costs for building material dealers and other retailers."