The National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association (NLBMDA) today announced its new slate of elected officers at the ProDealer Industry Summit in Chantilly, Va., an event jointly sponsored by the NLBMDA and Home Channel News.
At the association’s annual meeting, the NLBMDA board of directors elected Paul Hylbert, CEO of ProBuild, as the association’s next chairman, replacing outgoing chair Harold Baalmann of B&B Lumber Co. of Wichita, Kan.
“I am honored to serve as chairman of NLBMDA,” said Hylbert. “I want to thank my colleague and friend, Harold Baalman, for generously giving his time and resources to the NLBMDA in the last year, and I realize he has given me big shoes to fill.”
Outlining his priorities for the coming year, Hylbert continued, “We have done significant listening and work to understand what is most important to serve the industry going forward. Our focus will be on doing a few things well; on legislation and regulation, on growing NLBMDA’s voice of the industry to advance our policy agenda; and on bringing dealers, manufacturers and suppliers together for top-quality business and networking meetings, just as we are doing here at the ProDealer Industry Summit.”
Hylbert serves as CEO of ProBuild, the nation’s largest pro dealer. The company operates 550 locations in 40 states, with 450 lumberyards, 50 component plants and nearly 50 millwork shops.
Also elected to the Executive Committee for 2008-2009 were the following:
· Chair-Elect: Dan Fesler, Lamperts, St. Paul, Minn.
· Vice Chair: Joe Collings, Ferguson Lumber, Rockville, Ind.
· Treasurer: Linda Nussbaum, Kleet Lumber, Huntington, N.Y.
· Manufacturers & Services Council Chair: John Somerville, Dow Chemical, Marietta, Ga.
· Federated Association Executives Chair: Rick Seely, Michigan Lumber & Building Materials Association, Lansing, Mich.
· Immediate Past Chair: Harold Baalmaan, B&B Lumber, Wichita, Kan.
· President: Michael O’Brien, NLBMDA, Washington, D.C.