Meritage Homes expanded its production of high performance green homes to the Texas market. In the next two weeks, Meritage will open green communities in Fort Worth and San Antonio.
Each home includes:
• Spray Foam Insulation for a seamless, thermally efficient insulation blanket that prevents air leakage and offers 3X the R-value of standard fiberglass insulation;
• Double Low-E Vinyl Windows that reduce energy loss by up to 50%.
• Energy Efficient CFL Lighting that reduce energy usage by 75%.
• Weather Sensing Irrigation Systems enabling landscaping to meet standards of EPA’s new WaterSense program. (*not standard in San Antonio);
• High Performance Water Saving Plumbing Fixtures including dual-flush toilets; and
• 14-•SEER Air Conditioning Units.
“When all of these components work together, it creates a home that is more sustainable, cleaner and quieter," said C. R. Herro, VP environmental affairs for Meritage Homes.
The two communities, Rolling Creek in San Antonio and The Lakes of River Trails in Fort Worth, will also feature the first deconstructed “Learning House” of its kind that literally peels back the walls and ceilings of the home to showcase its energy saving features.