Chicago-based True Value Co. recognized 13 True Value hardware stores, selected from each of the co-op’s retail regions, as winners of its sixth annual “Best Hardware Store in Town” program.
The 13 winning stores for 2012 are:
- Boland’s True Value – Chapin, S.C.
- Cook’s True Value – Prosser, Wash.
- DeRonne True Value Hardware & Rental – Eastpointe, Mich.
- Horn’s True Value – Sayre, Penn.
- Kelly’s Freeport, Ltd. – Freeport, Bahamas
- Palm Springs True Value Hardware – Palm Springs, Calif.
- Penn Valley True Value Hardware – Penn Valley, Calif.
- Pojoaque True Value – Santa Fe, N.M.
- Prairie Side True Value – Kenosha, Wis.
- A Richardson’s True Value Hardware – Haskell, Texas
- True Value of Litchfield – Litchfield, Conn.
- True Value Home Center – Marshall, Minn.
- Watkins True Value Hardware and Appliance – Marysville, Mo.
True Value announced the winning retailers during the company’s 2013 Spring & Rental Market held in Atlanta Feb. 23-25.
“They are the embodiment of what it takes to exceed customer expectations,” said Lyle Heidemann, president and CEO of True Value. “They consistently deliver on the five principles of successful retailing: people, place, product, price and promotion, to meet customers' needs and expectations, creating a profitable and sustainable business.”
The Best Hardware Store in Town award recognizes True Value retailers who exemplify successful retailing. Stores are self-nominated, or nominated by a peer or retail manager, and go through a series of selection processes until regional managers narrow down the top candidates.