Chicago-based True Value Co. recognized 13 member hardware stores as part of its fourth annual "Best Hardware Store in Town" campaign.
"These 13 stores represent what it takes to exceed customer expectations,” said Lyle Heidemann, president and CEO of True Value Co. “This select group of retailers continues to succeed by constantly recognizing and adapting to meet the different needs of the local communities they serve.”
The winners are:
• Mark Malkiewicz, Appomattox True Value, Appomattox, Va.;
• Richard and Jessica C De Baca, Big Jo True Value, Santa Fe, N.M.;
• Bob Conyers, Conyers True Value, Manchester, Conn.;
• Bob and Pam Votroubek, Handy True Value, Rock Island, Ill.;
• Pam Barker and Vickie Coffman, Hometown True Value, Minneapolis, Kan.;
• Ginger Johnson, Hyde Brothers True Value, Clarksdale, Miss.;
• Bruce Davis, Junction True Value, Seattle;
• Bob and Lucy Ward, and Steve Olazaba, Morrison True Value, Alpine, Texas;
• Bruce and Pattie Dodds, Mound True Value Hardware and Paint, Mound, Minn.;
• Dave and Dee Campbell, Pollock Pines True Value, Pollock Pines, Calif.;
• Jack Winchell, Jack Ritter and MaryAnn Paluscio, Ritters True Value, Mechanicsburg, Pa.;
• Doug and JoEllen Mingle, Roaring Spring True Value, Roaring Spring, Pa.; and
• Ron Samore, Vermont Outlet True Value, Los Angeles.
The co-op recognized True Value hardware stores that consistently deliver a superior shopping experience. A compelling customer experience includes having a knowledgeable staff ready to help; a well-stocked, clean store; and a local market-focused ambience found only at the neighborhood hardware store -- qualities synonymous with the True Value brand, according to the company.
The winning retailers were announced during True Value’s 2011 Spring & Rental Market general session in Orlando, Fla., held earlier this month.