In light of the growing popularity of alternative energy sources, The Toro Company is offering fuel guidance to homeowners and contractors for outdoor power equipment, recommending an ethanol/gasoline blend no higher than E10 (10% ethanol).
Generally, the company confirmed that Toro lawn mowers and snowblowers were approved for said blends and are not designed to run on fuel containing more than 10% ethanol. Toro cautioned that use of E15, E20 or E85 could affect performance or damage the engine.
The company made the following additional recommendations for consumers:
• Use fresh fuel (less than 30 days old) to prevent water absorption;
• Purchase no more than 30 days worth of fuel at a time;
• Add fuel stabilizer as soon as you buy it;
• Unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of at least 87 is preferable; and
• The less ethanol, the better.
More tips and product information can be found at www.toro.com/fuelfacts.