Tifton, Ga.-based Short & Paulk Supply announced the spinoff of its truss manufacturing operation as a separate business division catering exclusively to the wholesale trade. The new division will be known as Georgia Structural Components (GSC).
According to S&P CEO Jay Short, "The wholesale-only orientation of our new GSC Division provides an opportunity for substantial development as we continue to expand this distribution channel. It just makes sense for us to seek new markets for our growing manufacturing capabilities."
GSC will distribute trusses and engineered wood products through the four Short & Paulk retail locations as well as its growing network of dealer locations. The dealer network presently comprises more than 15 dealer locations within 150 miles of GSC's Tifton manufacturing facility.
Short & Paulk Supply specializes in providing lumber and building materials to residential and commercial construction sites throughout South Georgia.
In addition to its Tifton location, Short & Paulk operates lumberyards in Albany, Sylvester and Dawson. The company, established in 1941 by J.P. Short III and H.M. Paulk, is now one of the oldest continuously running businesses in Tifton.