During the Reliable Distributors 2012 Annual Management & Marketing Conferences in Phoenix, president Allan Meyer offered the following advice: “Members need to embrace change.”
Meyer also said the 26-year-old group is still growing and attributed the success of the group to the fact the Reliable Membership is comprised of small to middle-sized distributors that have each found a special niche in their marketplace.
The meeting included discussion groups and a key presentation by Andrew Van Noy, executive VP of Warp9. Van Noy's topic, "Internet Marketing and Sales" focused on why and how e-commerce is changing the marketplace today, what makes a good website and taking your Web presence to the next level.
The Presidential Awards were given to members and vendors for their continued support and leadership to the group. Accepting the awards were:
• Brad Camp, Intermountain Farmers Association (IFA), Draper, Utah
• Wally Weber, Weber Hardware Supply, Chagrin Falls, Ohio
• Frank Wise, Central Farm Supply of Kentucky, Louisville, Kentucky
• Marie Sheets, Boss Manufacturing, Kewanee, IL
• Tony Potega, Robert Bosch Tool Corp. Garden Watering-Gilmour, Nelson, Peoria, IL
The conference was held at the Embassy Suites Hotel North, Phoenix.