We’ve all heard the truism: If you build a better mousetrap, the world will beat a path to your door. But there are more ways to generate foot traffic to hardware and building supply dealers — for instance, listen to the customer.
That’s one of the takeaways from the latest HBSDealer reader poll. The following response percentages were generated by the question:
What’s the single biggest reason to introduce a new product into a store’s merchandise mix?
- 46% Customer demand
- 27% Market exclusive/create differentiation
- 14% Higher margin opportunity
- 3% Relationship with vendor/supplier
- 2% Demonstrably superior quality
- 1% Lower price alternative to existing product
- 6% Other
The polls are still open. You can cast your vote here.