Lifetime Brands has appointed Daniel Siegel as president. Since joining the company in 1992, Siegel has held various positions, including senior VP sales and executive VP. He also serves on the boards of directors of Grupo Vasconia S.A.B., Lifetime’s 30%-owned partner company in Mexico, and GS Internacional S/A, the company’s 40%-owned partner company in Brazil.
“Dan has made many significant contributions to Lifetime,” said Jeffrey Siegel, Lifetime’s chairman and CEO. “Over the last two years, Dan has been the principal architect of Lifetime Next, the strategic initiative that lays out our path for moving forward over the next five years. Dan also is responsible for Lifetime’s expanded focus on product innovation, for developing the company’s social media and electronic marketing strategies and for overseeing the company’s expansion into new markets outside North America.”
The company also announced that, at the annual meeting of stockholders on June 13, stockholders elected the following directors to serve until the next annual meeting:
- Jeffrey Siegel, chairman and CEO;
- Ronald Shiftan, vice chairman and chief operating officer;
- Craig Phillips, senior VP distribution;
- David E. R. Dangoor, president, Innoventive Partners LLC and Honorary Consul General of Sweden in New York;
- Michael Jeary, president, Laughlin Constable;
- John Koegel, principal, Jo-Tan;
- Cherrie Nanninga, chief operating officer, New York Tri-State Region, CB Richard Ellis, Inc.;
- Michael J. Regan, retired partner, KPMG; and
- William Westerfield, retired partner, Price Waterhouse.
In addition, stockholders ratified the appointment of Ernst & Young as the company's independent registered public accounting firm for the year ending Dec. 31, 2013.