La Mirada, Calif.-based Makita U.S.A. launched a new mobile app with a dashboard of options that includes a dealer locator, tool registration, an interactive sales tool for dealers, and more.
The app is the latest in Makita’s drive to provide more valuable and interactive content to both tool users and dealers.
“Contractors need fast access to content on the very latest from Makita, as well as where to buy, which tools they’ve registered, and where to find a service center,” said Brent Withey, director of marketing, Makita USA. “At the same time, dealers need tools to engage customers and help drive them to the point of sale. The Makita Mobile App does all of this, and more.”
Among the key features:
• Shop: Users can find a local Makita dealer;
• Feature Window: Constant updates on Makita promotions, new technologies, sponsored teams and athletes;
• New Tools: The very latest on new releases;
• Registration: Log‐in to register a warranty, and check a list of all registered tools; and
• Service: Find a local Makita Factory Service Center or Authorized Service Center
An additional feature is a calculator that shows the projected savings of using MM4, the first 4‐stroke engine power cutter. After entering the number of power cutters used and the estimated hours of usage, the MM4 calculator displays the projected savings when switching from 2‐stroke to Makita 4‐stroke engine technology.
“The MM4 Savings Calculator can be a big decision‐driver for contractors doing their research before buying, and dealers are telling us that it’s an effective sales tool when used on a tablet at the point of sale,” said Withey. “We are developing more mobile tools like this one to help dealers communicate the clear benefits of Makita technology.”