In the tradition of encouraging innovation, The National Hardware Show will give credit where credit is due through a series of awards ceremonies recognizing the best of the best in product design and innovation.
"New products are a vital part of keeping the industry moving forward and they are also a vital part of the offering at the National Hardware Show," says Sonya Ruff Jarvis, vice president of attendee programs for the National Hardware Show, which will be held May 1-3 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. "While it's always nice to see the industry's innovators get recognized for their hard work with awards, these kinds of award programs are also a vitally important part of the industry's channel partners communicating with one another."
New in 2012 will be The Pitch Tank, part of the new Innovation Station area, dedicated to showcasing new home improvement products, ideas and inventions. The Pitch Tank was created to allow everyday entrepreneurs and inventors a chance to give their "pitches," or presentations, to a seasoned team of product development executives and marketers, led by well-known entrepreneur Kevin Harrington, who also appears as one of the "sharks" on TV's popular "Shark Tank." Select products from the Pitch Tank will be recognized during a special presentation on the NRHA Village Stage.
Other product-related awards programs scheduled to take place at the 2012 National Hardware Show include:
• The NRHA Packaging & Merchandising Awards. This award program, conducted by the North American Retail Hardware Association (NRHA), recognizes the industry's finest product packaging and merchandising.
• The Golden Hammer Awards presented by Home Channel News. This year marks the 28th Golden Hammer Awards celebration, recognizing the best of the best in home improvement. The Golden Hammer Awards will also feature a panel discussion: "The Recovery: Is it Real? And what to do about it."
• Hardware Retailing magazine's Retailers' Choice Awards will honor exhibitors at the National Hardware Show for their innovation and excellence.
• The 6th Annual Homewares Awards presented by Homeworld Business magazine and the National Hardware Show will recognize homewares product design and innovation.
• Lawn & Garden and Outdoor Living Innovation Awards will be presented by Casual Living magazine and the National Hardware Show at the NRHA Village Stage.