At the Distribution America and PRO Group Executive Planning Conference in Marco Island, Fla., hardware distributors and 10-year vendor participants of the event pose for a photographer shooting from a sixth-story balcony.
Marco Island, Fla. -- There were plenty of awards to go around at the Distribution America and PRO Group Annual Executive Planning Conference.
The event, which concluded Nov. 15, introduced awards determined by the events two organizers -- Denver-based PRO Group and Charlotte, N.C.-based Distribution America. This was the tenth year that the two groups have jointly held the buying and networking event.
Distribution America’s 2013 Soaring Eagle Award went to Apex Tool Group. Other 2013 Vendor of the Year Awards went to:
- Genova Products, Inc., plumbing;
- PerfectVision Manufacturing, electrical;
- Midwest Fastener Corporation, hardware;
- Ames True Temper, Inc.;lawn and garden;
- Encore Plastics Corporation, paint and paint sundries; and
- Apex Tool Group, tools.
For PRO Group, the Key Supplier of the Year award for all product categories also went to Apex Tool Group. Other 2013 Key Supplier of the Year Awards went to:
- Irwin Industrial Tool Company, tools;
- Oatey SCS, plumbing;
- Master Lock Company, hardware;
- DAP Products, paint sundries;
- Coleman Cable, electrical; and
- Ames True Temper, seasonal.
Also among PRO Group distributors, the PRO Hardware distributor of the year award went to The Bostwick-Braun Company.
McGregor Hardware, Inc. earned the title of merchandising distributor of the year and Horizon Distribution earned Farm Mart distributor of the year honors.
Also among PRO Group distributors, Long-Lewis Hardware Co. was cited as best target vendor support.