Washington, D.C. — The True Value Company continued its tradition of recognizing the Best Hardware Stores in town here at its Spring Reunion in the nation’s capital. And once again, the honorees – all 13 of them – shared the spotlight during the co-op’s general session.
Of the honorees, one was chosen as the overall winner: Handyman True Value of St. Louis. According to the retailer’s website, Handyman’s history dates back to 1961. It operates three locations, with an emphasis on service and selection.
The full 2018 class of “True Value Best Hardware Store in Town” honorees is listed here.
- Fusek’s True Value, Indianapolis
- Sarver True Value, Sarver, Pa.
- East Lyme True Value, East Lyme, Conn.
- Northwest True Value, Roanoke, Va.
- Alpers True Value, Port Washington, N.Y.
- Handyman True Value, St. Louis, Mo.
- Prescott True Value, Prescott, Ariz.
- Russell’s True Value, Del Rio, Texas
- Mound True Value, Mound, Minn.
- Ennis True Value Hardware, Ennis, Mont.
- Penn Valley True Value Hardware, Penn Valley, Calif.
- Wilco Farm Store, McMinnville, Ore.
- Carter's General Stores, Bridgetown, Barbados
The announcement of the Best Hardware Store in Town honorees has been a highlight of recent True Value Reunions, and the Feb. 9-12 Spring Reunion in Washington, D.C., event was no exception. During this year’s announcement, True Value CEO John Hartmann marked the occasion by snapping a cell-phone photo of the honorees while they were assembled on the stage. Here’s the picture: